Mystic never seems to returns to emails

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have sent Mystic at least three emails and he hasn't replied to any ofthem, has anyone else had the same problem. And yes they weren't about any of the points he has made on the website.

I am not saying he's stupid for it there is probably a good explanation, all I am asking is has anyone else had the same sort of problem.

I can tell you the answer to that. However, it would be much easier to simply show you.

The following are the last 10 e-mails I have received, ignoring spam and anything relating to real life, starting with the most recent:

Mail #1 said:
me and my friend are going to make a a sonic fan game can u give me a free 3d game maker download kinda like yours but with 3d hedgehogs and stuff like that...please but it has to be free so can u give me the program that you made srb2 with please message back at <removed>
Mail #2 said:
Let me tell you something. THE MESSAGE BOARDS HAVE NO RIGHT TO BAN ME! they said i posted a topic about a project that i was not working on yet! NOT TRUE! I posted the topic for my 2 new wads Leeon and Aelita, and they were already being worked on! That's why they have no right to ban me! I demand to be de-banned! AND NOW! It's not funny! Deban or else i'll mess up Mystic Realm so bad that the lumps will be destroyed!
- I particularly liked this one. How in hell would he destroy the lumps?
Mail #3 said:
I wish to use SRB2 in a video to host on my website for NO PROFIT. I will credit the authors (Sonic Team Jr.). Can I please have permission to use SRB2 in a video for NO PROFIT whatsoever?

Thank you for your time,

TAPP
Mail #4 said:
how do i download srb2 doombuilder!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mail #5 said:
mystic, the message boards have a problem. the banning has to stop! I was banned 3 days ago, and it said I bumped up old topics, and I didn't! the rules need to be changed! It's not fair! Oh and could you add this wad to the addons section on www.srb2.org? (had to do that link) There may be a few bugs in it but it still works with the soc. The bmp matches what the character's supposed to look like. Oh and could you tell JTE that i'd like srb2 world to go back on srb2JTE (or at least put an old version on the MBs. I never got to try it! so you can't exactly say "srb2 world was found boring and buggy" when not everyone tryed it out. so I want it back on JTE by next release. Besides, some people liked srb2 world. And I'll help him if he wants, I am good with computers too. And maybe add some updates. For example, making mega sonic automatically overpowered like hms123311.wad. Mail me if you find any major bugs. I found a few but they can be fixed. however be sure that it's not just JTE that makes you keep dying, (and getting more lives) cause I haven't tested it out with the real srb2.
This one is the same guy as #2. He included a 2 MB BMP file along with it. My poor, poor mail server. He's not the first or the last to include large quantities of uncompressed images.
Mail #6 said:
ok mystic i went by your rules and what hapend i still get baned but right now im still loged in can you make it so i can still get on the forms but not log in?
Mail #7 said:
Yes, it's me Leeon. now you can reply. so you know the pictures i sent you? the Leeon one can have flight (since he does have 3 tails) and the speed of sonic. when done, send me the wad please. I'll then save it with my other character wads in DOWNLOAD.
Mail #8 said:
I'm sorry to bother you but I read your instructions on addings the charecter wad files but I don't see the "launcher" in any of my files. Could you possiblely explain it in a simplier way so I can understand it better. Thank You.
Mail #9 said:
Description:

you will have to turn on ring slinger cause i forgot to make it for match.
- I think this was supposed to be an addons submission. Why in HELL would I include a match stage you have to use a console command to even use?
Mail #10 said:
can you give me step-by-step directions (in lamemans terms) on how to create a character.

P.S. if you haven't already noticed, i'm not a big computer wiz.

If that doesn't explain why practically nobody ever gets a reply from mystic@srb2.org, I don't know what will.

The reality is that I only reply to messages that are actually intelligent and/or ask legitimate questions that aren't already pretty clearly answered somewhere else. If you sent a remotely intelligent mail, it might have simply been lost in the above bull crap, and henceforth simply wasn't replied to.

Simply put, if you have something TRULY important to tell me, try contacting me via IRC or forum private messages. You'll get MUCH better luck.

This one is the same guy as #2. He included a 2 MB BMP file along with it. My poor, poor mail server. He's not the first or the last to include large quantities of uncompressed images.

Good thing the guy with the srb2.org email is the one with the FiOS.

lameman's terms

That's the best part.

SSNTails said:

Good thing the guy with the srb2.org email is the one with the FiOS.

lameman's terms

That's the best part.

Why is it the best part?

on Edge said:
Crap. That's a lot of useless junk there. How many things like that do you get per-day?
Generally 1-3 per day. It's insanely annoying reading my mail, and most of it is simply ignored, as I said.

mystic@srb2.org is more of a black hole than anything.

Now, I disagree with this one:

I wish to use SRB2 in a video to host on my website for NO PROFIT. I will credit the authors (Sonic Team Jr.). Can I please have permission to use SRB2 in a video for NO PROFIT whatsoever?

Thank you for your time,

TAPP

What's so wrong about that e-mail? It deserves a response.

Seriously, I want to email you a message containing:
how do i jmp in srb? i want's to know how to jump's in s'rb2 now or il hack ur computa and steel ur munee

Mystic, I demand you create a thread with every stupid email you recieve, then update it once or twice a week with new emails. NOW. D:

cueball61 said:
Mystic, I demand you create a thread with every stupid email you recieve, then update it once or twice a week with new emails. NOW. D:

Hehe, "STJr Mailbag" blog...

SSNTails said:
cueball61 said:

Hehe, "STJr Mailbag" blog...

Seriously, it would give us all something to laugh at...

And by 'us' I mean the intelligent minority left in this community.

cueball61 said:
And by 'us' I mean the intelligent minority left in this community.
The rest will be like "OMG wel sum uv uz arnt cmptr exprtz lk u r!1!!!1!!11!!1"

I must say I am not surprised about those emails, on some other forums, I have talked to some of the staff who say what ridiculous messages/emails/posts they see. It appears that all forums involving modifications, game producing and such will inevitably have those sorts of messages, it does look like it is a little harder to control here.

As for a post for all the silly messages and such, I have seen that done elsewhere as well, it was called something to the effect of "Hall of Shame: Posts and messages that test the patience". Maybe seeing these messages would help some members to realize just how little sense their messages may make.

While I do agree in ostracizing idiots, the reality is that most of the messages I receive simply are just stupid, and not passing into humorously stupid. The other issue is that a lot of the idiots I get messages from are very young, and I simply feel that I should be more mature than making fun of a nine year old for his idiocy, when he's honestly too young to know any better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back