Member Purge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mystic

stalin.jpg

In about a week, I will be purging the forum of the bazillion member accounts with zero posts. There are just so many accounts with no actual activity on them.

In order to avoid this, all you need to do is post once. This proves that you at least intend to be around, unlike a lot of these ten month old accounts with no posts on them.

EDIT: Added the Stalin pic. (Arrow)

Oooh, Mystic, you HAVE to put a picture of Stalin at the top of this thread! :lol:

What's the point?

If I had one of those accounts, I'd be pretty darn angry about that. You need an account to be able to see which messages are new since your last visit. Every board has its lurkers, and it's not a smart idea to get rid of them.

Maybe you can get a "last login" time statistic somewhere. If so, you could spare anyone who's logged in sometime during the past two weeks, and then it would be a bit more reasonable.

Hence the one week warning. If anyone is actually USING the account, they can post once, maybe in this topic to say "I'm using this account to lurk."

The reasoning behind it is two-fold:

1. It cleans up the member listing for those who want to use it.
2. It cleans up dead user names for those who might be interested in registering them.

The requirement for not getting deleted is rather simple: You must post once. I don't think a 1 post limit for staying around is that harsh.

For once, I agree with Mystic...
For once...
uh...

I think I'll go into this corner over here and bang my wall against the head.

BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!
*sniff*
Much better.

It's a good thing were doing this, since I have about five accounts that I forgot about since I didn't know how to use phpBB. Also, I forgot the password. Now that I've learned, I'm a non-purge-able, respect*SHOT*able*SHOT* mem...be*SHOT*

Ouch. Purged I am.

Hey! Why not change the code or something to allow you to view new posts... through a cookie or something so that they don't have to log in or register.

And, speaking of cookies, I'm gonna get one right now. My favorite is Chocolate Chip.

Purge has been completed. Obviously, accounts made in the last month were spared just in case they aren't abandoned.

It never ceases to amaze me how many people create accounts and never actually use them...

Because I wanted to reply to the topic maybe, just MAYBE, you know.
Christ just get off my ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back