• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Lat' does bullshit~

Status
Not open for further replies.
i broke physics

It feels like as if you copy/pasted the standing frames for the entirety of the wad.

It feels like I got spotted
okno
I guess I'll try to make it more "moving", along with adding full sprites rotation so the bow doesn't teleport from the right to the left ear when it feels like it wants to.

LankyAccomplishedIaerismetalmark.gif

I tried doing that (So Sylveon can roll down 2.2 slopes) because SRB2MD has the word "Sonic" in it. Nowhere near good (see post title), but at least they're not copypasted from the standing frame X3.

Great improvement! Nice to see that Sylveon can move his/her limbs now :P
There are still a lot of issues however. There's a lack of AA, the sprites themselves feel tiny, there is a lack of shading almost to the point where there IS no shading, and the animations are finicky/rough/inconsistent.

Also a personal opinion, I feel like the lineart as well could use some work. To me this doesn't really look like Sylveon as the shape/size of the head as well as the shape/size of the body is off compared to how it looks officially:
250px-700Sylveon.png

Just keep working at it! I know you can do it! :)

I did it while having the Omega Ruby 3D model under the hand, and though I didn't have the proportions right.

...By the way, I made some experiment.

I'm aware of the bow changing in the last two frames, I forgot to copypaste the new bow sprite on those, but Sylveon now looks more bouncy on an actual 8 frames walking animation. ...I also feel like I shoul've make the ears move a bit.

This is just a minor detail, but isn't the scarf attached to the tie supposed to be curved upwards? I don't recall seeing it hanging down like in your wad at all, and seeing it like that makes Sylveon seem... less magical than usual.

The walking animation has a pretty nice flow to it, though.

If that's the ribbon that is supposed to go between the legs... well yeah, I forgot to add it in the walking animation. Else hum, the ribbons don't move much compared to the standing frame you can see above.

Legs feel a little thick in comparison to the body. Tail and ears also don't have that "fluffy" look to them. Other then that great improvement. I like the flow you added to the walk anims. Much much better. Though 1 comment is that the walk anim is still slightly stiff. Like it feels like for about 2 frames Sylveon just stands there and then starts to walk again.

I've always made my Sylveon a bit chubby in the sprites so it fits the classic Sonic games.
I can always try to make them more thin if that really bothers though.

I tried to make the ear and the tail a little more fluffy by removing some pixels in the outline (that I brightened a bit btw), but I guess it'd take to remake the ears as whole. I also made the "back ribbon" go around the front leg so it looks like the offishul thing.

yes i did lose a life while testing. i suck at this game so hard.
KindWhimsicalKakapo.gif

(WIP)

I used the ERZGREY4 texture since it's a wall texture that the player is used to be able to climb on during this level, the other ones not being climbable. But I guess I can always put some other texture, even though I'm cleary not feeling like doing some custom metallic arrow texture due to how bad I am at doing this kind of thing in general.

...Also colormaps issues are to be excepted in the final thing due to some FOFs being in moving water and me hilarously failing to have colormaps working right. (Let's say SRB2 is kinda picky when it comes to that too.)

Try applying the color map to the fof too. I've noticed that colormaps do change the color of the fof's shadow

Try applying the color map to the fof too. I've noticed that colormaps do change the color of the fof's shadow

I know that, my problem is a bit more complicated since doing that would leave the colormap below the FOF even though the water is gone by pressing a switch.

what if you did the shadow differently. say you make the fof not cast a shadow, but under it, use light blocks. one has the color map, the other doesn't, and the one that has it moves with the water.

aaarrroooowwwwssssss

i like Phil, as a proof, i took the time to capitalize his name. :0

what if you did the shadow differently. say you make the fof not cast a shadow, but under it, use light blocks. one has the color map, the other doesn't, and the one that has it moves with the water.

I tried doing that already, I just miserably fail at doing it right, as usual. =/

dammit i have no nose and i find that terrifying

...though it might just be because of the lack of shine in Sylveon's eyes. It looks like it's possessed by something. Admittedly it looks kind of cool for something you probably thought up of on the spot! Either that or my definition of cool is horridly off-point.

dammit i have no nose and i find that terrifying
People with no nose are known to get less scared? Welp. The more we know.

...though it might just be because of the lack of shine in Sylveon's eyes. It looks like it's possessed by something. Admittedly it looks kind of cool for something you probably thought up of on the spot! Either that or my definition of cool is horridly off-point.

It has no soul anyway, it's an objectplaced Mobj B)

I kinda suck when it comes to do shiny things so I tried to do... whatever this looks like. Also I completly screwed up the left shoe, because something needed to be completly screwed up here.
Now... I really don't know if I should continue this whatsoever considering I just made it to see what it would look like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back