Major MOD Developing Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings, it has been a while since I’ve been here and I’ve come for some information. It’s a long time since I’ve made a MOD and I recently got Vista, although I have worked around the compatibility issues, they are still some that need to be resolved as well as some program recommendations.

First off, I would like to get some information on MD2 files. I have recently found out that SRB2 can handle 3D models and that interested me to restart my MOD project, I have read a topic on this forum that allows you to make a custom skin on a Sonic MD2 file, but what I want to know is how to make custom models, not make skins. I really hate making Sonic re-colours, people are easily judged that way. I need to know a program that allows you to custom make your characters models and place them in SRB2. I have searched the forums and have seen no info on this program, I wouldn’t be surprised if I missed it in plain sight.

Secondly It seems that Vista caused some havoc on XWE, it doesn’t work anymore and since that is happening, I could not longer continue my characters WADs. Every time I start XWE up two errors appear: “Failed to create key wad_auto_file\DefaultIcon.” and “List index out of bounds (0)” I do not know how to fix these problems, if anyone knows how to fix this, please tell me, if you can’t, can you please recommend me another WAD editor used for characters. Thank you for you help

As other people said, GET XP. but hey I seen your point and all im gona give you is support. Lets see if this is good.

mikesword221 said:
steveb96 said:
As other people said, GET XP.
I don't see why people keep telling others to get XP. XP had almost no help from people when it came out and now look at it. It's the best.
Umm, sorry, but XP is not even remotely the best. Linux, anyone? Vista sucks, period. It's not even "oh, it will be fixed" it just simply sucks, and will most likely never not suck. So, yes, get XP and/or linux.

People, stop giving bad advice based on something you know nothing about.

Right click, run as administrator.

That simple. Whether or not Vista sucks is irrelevant in this issue. Stop saying "Vista sucks" and actually give some useful advice, please.

It's the newest version of Windows, people will say it sucks, they don't care. The funniest is that one year later them all are using that version, and then they say it's OK. It always happens...

May i say vista does suck but so did XP when that came out and its now one of the most stable and easiest to use operating systems from windows (linux is more stable but cant run exe files). Just give vista something like 1 year when they have better hardware and updates to make it more stable. Anyways back on topic.

I've had more problems with XP than I have Vista...

Anyways, uh, models models models...
3ds max
Milkshape
Maya

Google '3d modeling software'

Since, this topic isn’t really dead yet, I should post my other problems here. First the MD2 Models, I have a 3D program called Cinema 4D, I don’t think that file type is supported in the MD2 model editor, is there anyway way I can convert the file type?

Second problem, SRB2 builder and the original Doom builder isn’t working correctly. If I use SRB2 Builder for about 5 minutes making a map and I save it, the file saves incorrectly and I can never open that map file again. With Doom builder, it always has a run time error and it closes itself, it’s practically useless to me now. Any help or suggestions?

About SRB2 Doom Builder, uninstall and reinstall. The configuration file has scrambled up, and the only way to fix this is to replace all the files again. This happens sometimes when it closes wrongly or fails when saving a map, and this is the only solution. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back