srb2Sonic3Ability.exe (OHNOES! Brokiness happened!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaysakado

Well, I finally got compiling a source code mod to work; turns out you need the latest SVN revision for it to work. well, anyway this is a mod that changes Sonic's ability to that of Sonic 3's. (And Sonic and Knuckles)

Here's the link:
http://kpenguin2000.googlepages.com/srb2Sonic3Ability.zip

So far, I have Electric Shield, Fire Shield, and half of the Water Shield done.

And now I have a few questions:
1. How do I make it bounce when the Bubble Shield hits the ground?
2. Can anyone sprite new shield graphics?

EDIT: I've uploaded the source code. Well, actually the P_User.c, because that's all I edited. Here's the link:
http://kpenguin2000.googlepages.com/source.zip
Also, I made a slight change in the EXE, you now thok as Hyper Sonic.

EDIT2: Changed the questions. Now I just need someone to actually answer them.

EDIT3: Now an IWAD comes packaged with the EXE, so it's a zip folder now. I updated the link. Now, there are two edited source files, so that's a zip file to. I've updated that link, but it's broken, for, like, 5 seconds after I finish editing this post. :roll:

EDIT4: Link's not broken anymore! Plus, I forgot to mention, water shield's ability is half done. I need to find out how to make it bounce... Also, as soon as I find out how to make the Insta Shield actually hurt enemies, and find out how to use P_SpawnMobj, I'll have the Insta Shield done.

EDIT5: The version number is now 31.33.7.

EDIT6: The version number change didn't work.

EDIT7: 400 Views in 24 hours?

EDIT8: OHNOES! Well, I got a lot done, sounds and the version number change working, and it worked, then i decided to try an idea I got to make the bubble shield bounce, and lots of brokiness happened. First, when I tried to start a game, it froze. I could press Esc, but that took me back to the main menu. So, then I changed back the "fix" for the bubble shield, and it still froze. Normal SRB2 still works, though, so I don't see why it shouldn't on this. The latest backup I have is the currently uploaded one, and that doesn't have lots of stuff.

You used the wrong source to do this with, you should have used the source that came with 1.09.4, not the one on the SVN.

Really? I used the code that came with 1.09.4, At first it wouldn't compile but after I edited some of it, it did compile.

See the Srb2 improved (Srb2 v0.01) topic. That used the source that came with 1.09.4.

I suggest deleting the link but putting it back up with the source that came with 1.09.4

HAHAH, two thing wrong here, first, you don't understand IP routing, so your masterserver wil never work at that IP address
and 2nd, as part of the GPL, you have to release the source code as well as your binary, till then, I will have to ask to remove the link to the binary

Re: srb2Sonic3Ability.exe

Kaysakado said:
Also, since this will C-Fail in any netgames that aren't using this mod, I'm hosting my own Master Server for only this WAD. It'll mostly be up on weekends.
Type this in the console to use it: MASTERSERVER 192.168.0.103

Uhh, dumbness!
Well, you could just change the version number to something currently unused, and only games of that version can join the game... Thus you can host it on the original MS and only the same EXE can join you.

Also, 192.168.0.103 is your LAN IP, or the IP your router uses to contact your computer. For the right IP, you'd give us your WAN IP (www.whatismyip.com)

Flame, the code is public on the SVN. I don't see how this is the "wrong" code.

Finally, with Logan, may I suggest hosting your source code somewhere? If you are posting this public, so should your source, in accordance to the GPL. Maybe you can get a SVN account on the official SRB2 SVN, if you are lucky. (lol)

Also, nice job not explaining how he fails at IP routing, Logan_GBA. :|

Well, the Official SRB2 1.1 is in a private SVN, and the binaries are private, the GPL license only apply to public copies, and well, SRB2 1.1 is not public, so the GPL does not apply

Kaysakado can ask for a account on the public SVN server that is hosted by Alam

also, I'm very lazy

You people haven't commented about this one bit. >_>

My personal gripes:
Too much thok sound for my liking. If at all possible, change the sound.
The sheilds just don't look right with the new abilities. Might I suggest Sonic 3 rips?
I can't turn super. D:

This is really cool, but I can't thok I've tried and tried and tried and still no thoking, but Tails can fly and Knuckles can glide please tell me whats wrong.

Oh I meant to say inferno but I think I was thinking about the Electric one.

Hope you can find a way to make the water bubble.

Logan_GBA said:
and 2nd, as part of the GPL, you have to release the source code as well as your binary, till then, I will have to ask to remove the link to the binary
Um.. when I release ShufRB2, do I have to pack the source with the download, or can I just leave it up on the SVN?

Shuffle said:
Logan_GBA said:
Um.. when I release ShufRB2, do I have to pack the source with the download, or can I just leave it up on the SVN?

You can leave it up at the SVN, it doesn't matter where the source code is placed, as long as people can reach it. That what counts.

For some reason, when I try to execute the .EXE, it just says:
C:\Documents and Settings\Kids\Desktop\SRB2\srb2Sonic3Ability.exe is not a valid Win32 application.
Why does it say this?

BlueZero4 said:
You people haven't commented about this one bit. >_>

My personal gripes:
Too much thok sound for my liking. If at all possible, change the sound.
The sheilds just don't look right with the new abilities. Might I suggest Sonic 3 rips?
I can't turn super. D:

I'm going to change the sound and sheild graphics as soon as I learn how to make it load a WAD at startup. And I checked what I edited, and nothing should keep you from going super. Maybe you thought you had the emeralds but you didn't or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back