DUDE, It's the best idea since underwear!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
As for the Xbox, IIRC XNA is required, and while that might work with C/C++, the "Sonic" part of SRB2 may cause a few problems with Sega.

"Yeah, we'll let you publish it, but we want a chippy talking sidekick and Amy to follow Sonic and eventually have them fall in love!"

Yeah, no.

DING DING DING IT'S A RING RING RING

srbwiz2.png

srbwiz1.png

SRBWiz.png
http://wizard.sepwich.com/srbwiz2.png
http://wizard.sepwich.com/srbwiz2.png

me in #SRB2Fun said:
18:50 <KOTE> SRB1: The REAL remake
Anyways, looks nice but it needs a better sky. :<
...Wait, could this be the long waited SRB3? :V

<Flame> It looks like a WIP of Super Sonic Galaxy.
<Flame> And SRB1 combined.
<Flame> when can we get a release date on this
Not much else to say. I'm impressed at this piece of work you got here.

<Flame> It looks like a WIP of Super Sonic Galaxy.

Nuuu... THIS is Super Sonic Galaxy:
smg2.png

But in all seriousness, I imagine it would be pretty darn easy to do an SRB1 remake if someone made all of the art/levels.

5char

If this is a serious project, I'd advise offsetting Sonic's model. It looks weird to have him on the very front edge of the platforms when they have depth.

Just because I retired from SRB2 doesn't mean I'm not still making games. :P

An SRB1 remake sounds like an awesome idea (took me the whole of about a half hour to make those screenshots), I'm not really sure how well it would hold up as an actual game when brought into more modern times.
We could use either sprites, or models.

If this is a serious project, I'd advise offsetting Sonic's model. It looks weird to have him on the very front edge of the platforms when they have depth.

Actually, the whole level needs to be pushed back by about 64 on the Z axis. Small oversight of mine.

Especially considering that SRB2 has been recognized in a few gaming magazines, some of which praised it as delivering in ways SEGA hasn't in years.

Oh, SEGA knows about us alright, their community posts about us quite a bit on the official boards, but as a rule as long as we behave ourselves and don't do anything naughty, SEGA won't give a damn.

As for the Xbox, IIRC XNA is required, and while that might work with C/C++, the "Sonic" part of SRB2 may cause a few problems with Sega..

I think SRB1 on XBLA would rock and as long as it's free, SEGA can't sue right? Although knowing SEGA...

I think SRB1 on XBLA would rock and as long as it's free, SEGA can't sue right? Although knowing SEGA...

You wouldn't be able to release it on the Indie Games Marketplace due to their terms about copyright violation. Also, you can't release games for free on the IGM.

You wouldn't be able to release it on the Indie Games Marketplace due to their terms about copyright violation. Also, you can't release games for free on the IGM.

Ah! That's a shame. So what would this be ported for if it happened?
OpenGL on Pc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back