2D wads

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen quite a few 2D wads, but they always get bad ratings. Why is that? I thought people here hated recolors the most. I made a few 2D wads and got flamed by people who said stuff like "2D wads suck." Why does everyone hate 2D wads?

Not true. Although most people perfer 3D over 2D, most wads made with it are... extremely poor. The Mario Koopa Blast levels passed because the original SMB looked a bit like it.

No one makes good ones anymore...

Because they look wierd, except in 2D levels, which are horrid most of the time.

(And by the by, you weren't flamed, your work was criticized. Big difference.)

Maybe you guys are right. I do think they were complaints now that you mention it. But that doesn't mean I won't stop making 2D wads. I'm not the only one who has made them. Chaos Zero 64 made some too.

Erm.. 2D characters + 3D world = fail? That's exactly what SRB2 is.
As for 2D mode, everybody hates it because the physics suck and you can't see in front of you more than half a second. You absolutely cannot react that fast..

I think what the 2D charactors in a 3D game fail thing was directed at wads made just and ONLY just 2D levels, the charactor just ends up walkign sideways :eek:

But 2D characters in 2D levels R0X0RS

Draykon said:
(And by the by, you weren't flamed, your work was criticized. Big difference.)

Dark Warrior said:
For the record, you did not get flamed.
Yeah he did.

on Edge said:
Lolz, those are the worst screens I have ever seen. I give this a 3/10 without downloading.
Save your time for somting thats worth-it.

Like making an actuall 2D level.

Or having an origional character with more than one sprite.

I really wonder if you guys don't called that flaming. It doesn't look like criticism to me.

What if someone were to make a Mr.gameandwatch wad? and made it look completely flat from the front and back view? that'd be cool! A 3D 2D sprite!

Actually, It wouldn't be 2D/3D. Just 3D. The reason is that you have to show the flatness from a lot of defferent angles, so he looks flat instead of "angle 0 everywhere".

metalsonicmk72 said:
I made a few 2D wads and got flamed by people who said stuff like "2D wads suck."

If someone was flaming you, they'd say something like ''OMG that is the most %@^(ing horrible wad I've ever seen you are the worst wadder ever you should be banned for such horrible wads! You are such a %^%$%^$^%$^%$%^$^%^%&*^%#$$@#$@#$$%^$^%%^%^$#*^&&&###@%&&*%^$#@%^^*&(*&^%&^&*^&%^%%$%^!!! :evil: '' (this is not how I feel about 2d wads, just a major flaming example).

I probably don't have a very accurate measure; please don't flame me for it.

Um, the symbols: ^ & ( ) - = + ~ ` ; : ' ? / > < . , " /
Arn't used in censoring cusswords.

Use ! @ # $ % and especialy the ****in' astresses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back