[Open Assets] Zelda-Style Ocarina (ocarina.wad)

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I want it to be obvious which version of the wad you have, so people aren't running around using outdated versions. Besides, I'm not going to be updating this every day once I'm satisfied with where it is or decide to move on to something else.

Just an amusing result, using the Elegy of Emptyness while in the Super Form causes the statue to adopt a random colour.
srb20002.pngsrb20004.pngsrb20005.pngsrb20006.pngsrb20007.pngsrb20008.png

Another update:

Fixed camera falling through the floor in multiplayer (Oops)
Fixed Oath of Order not working for all characters
Oath of Order now works while having a shield
Oath of Order no longer requires 50 rings. All you need is 7 emeralds.
Oath of Order now gives 50 rings if you have less than 50 rings

Thanks for updating this thing. But there's still one more issue. In GFZ Act 1, if you use Zelda's Lullaby near the Triforce, it raises the platforms like intended, but in OpenGL, you can see shadows of the flower and rings that normally lay on the platforms. It's only a small issue though, just something I thought I'd bring up.

It would be neat if you could play Saria's song and have Amy magically tell you gameplay tips about the level you're in. Or, if you're lazy, just have her always say "Beat Eggman, Sonic! We're counting on you!". Game tips would be more neat though.

It would be neat if you could play Saria's song and have Amy magically tell you gameplay tips about the level you're in. Or, if you're lazy, just have her always say "Beat Eggman, Sonic! We're counting on you!". Game tips would be more neat though.
Screw that! Just have Omochao do it! XD

Bug with 2.1.15; music doesn't properly change back:

"WARNING: ocarina-v2.1.wad|LUA_OCRN:476: bad argument #1 to 'S_ChangeMusic' (string expected, got nil)"

Just made an update to fix that problem. Nothing else new about it though, sorry. Maybe I'll get back into this wad later.

I've found that using the elegy of emptiness creates these errors if using it as Silver while in your transformed state:
WARNING: G:\Sonic Robo Blast 2\Silver.wad|LUA_SSIN:117: attempt to index field 'player' (a nil value)
WARNING: G:\Sonic Robo Blast 2\Silver.wad|LUA_SSIN:117: attempt to index field 'player' (a nil value)
I am unsure if it is a bug with Silver, the ocarina or both.

I've found that using the elegy of emptiness creates these errors if using it as Silver while in your transformed state:
I am unsure if it is a bug with Silver, the ocarina or both.

This was my bad, the Silver wad adds an action to S_PLAY_STND that checks whether or not Silver is super. Since the statue just sets its state to S_PLAY_STND in order to copy the player's standing state, it was also trying to run this action, but couldn't because there was no player associated with the statue.

So now I simply copy the player's sprite and always use frame A, and set the duration to -1 so it never tries to change. This way, I still copy the player's appearance, but don't try to run any actions associated with the player standing state.

Version 2.3
Fixed an error where other wads that called functions on player standing frames were interfering with the Elegy of Emptiness statue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back