SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > SRB2 Discussion > Bug Reports

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #1
STG3
 
STG3's Avatar
Default Tunes 20 crashing in MIDI

There is a problem within midi music. If you type "tunes 20" in console while midi is turned on game crashes. Maybe the midi is corrupted or something. I haven't checked.
STG3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #2
MarioBud1
 
MarioBud1's Avatar
Default It's your PC's problem, I guess.

I have no clue why that happened. I tried it, but the game didn't crash. Instead, it was playing the midi, but I didn't heard anything. Where did you typed the command: at the title screen or during the game?
MarioBud1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #3
PencilVoid
Professional Bad Modder
 
PencilVoid's Avatar
Default

Weird. When I played it, i heard some creepy background ambience. Is tunes 20 cursed?
PencilVoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #4
Rumia1
Backseat Developer
 
Rumia1's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PencilVoid View Post
Weird. When I played it, i heard some creepy background ambience. Is tunes 20 cursed?
Not really, that's what it's supposed to play. It was supposed to be implemented as sort of a space variant of the drowning theme for when you're running out of air in space, but it got cut at some point durring development leaving just the song behind.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirno
Egguman-senpai...
Rumia1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #5
CharmyBee99
 
CharmyBee99's Avatar
Default

The OGG version is the unused space countdown, while the MIDI version seems to be an invalid file altogether, as I don't think MIDIs should be just 97 bytes large.
CharmyBee99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #6
Monster Iestyn
Friendly Neighbour-Hood
Moderator
 
Monster Iestyn's Avatar
Default

Could be that the Tunes 20 MIDI is meant to be just ...nothing. Would explain the low file size at least.
__________________
My page stuffed full of MIDI goodness!
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Robo-Hoodiverse
Timeline of Sonic Robo Blast History!

That's an uppercase i, not a lowercase L, for the record. Also, it's pronounced "Yes-tin".
Monster Iestyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #7
Rumia1
Backseat Developer
 
Rumia1's Avatar
Default

Perhaps, but in a future version if it still exists, could it be made into something? A few people like to use this track for various reasons and silence isn't great for ambience.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirno
Egguman-senpai...
Rumia1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #8
MarioBud1
 
MarioBud1's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumia1 View Post
A few people like to use this track for various reasons
May I wonder which ones?
MarioBud1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Days Ago   #9
SeventhSentinel
SRB2Kart PR Guy
Developer
 
SeventhSentinel's Avatar
Default

We should honestly drop MIDI support altogether. It's buggy and you can't change the soundfont so you're stuck with Microsoft's awful instruments.
__________________
FM synths forever
SoundCloud / Twitch / Twitter
SeventhSentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Days Ago   #10
Rumia1
Backseat Developer
 
Rumia1's Avatar
Default

Wasn't there someone that worked on a midi implementation that allowed for soundfont usage and different sound cards and fixed the volume issues? Am I going crazy? Either way, I don't know if Midi should be removed honestly because it's one of the few file types that still supports tempo changes in SDL2.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirno
Egguman-senpai...
Rumia1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Days Ago   #11
Zwip-Zwap Zapony
Please just call me Zappy.
 
Zwip-Zwap Zapony's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumia1 View Post
Wasn't there someone that worked on a midi implementation that allowed for soundfont usage and different sound cards and fixed the volume issues? Am I going crazy? -
I definitely remember that, too. If I recall correctly, it was confirmed for 2.2... but I could very well be recalling it incorrectly, keep that in mind.
(But I definitely remember a Sonic Robo Blast 2 developer having said "I/we just fixed Midi support" at some point in... 2018? 2017? Edit: And that was in direct response to me(?) asking about if Midi sequences of SRB2 v2.2's music would still be released if SRB2 v2.2 was dropping Midi support, I think.)
Zwip-Zwap Zapony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Days Ago   #12
SSNTails
What part of 'RETIRED' don't you understand?
 
SSNTails's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumia1 View Post
Not really, that's what it's supposed to play. It was supposed to be implemented as sort of a space variant of the drowning theme for when you're running out of air in space, but it got cut at some point durring development leaving just the song behind.
It was supposed to work much like how it does in MDK2. You'd hear it even if you had a bubble shield on.
__________________
Roly Poly Putt & TraceRace - for Android, iOS, & PC - http://www.spaddlewit.com
Follow me on twitter: http://www.twitter.com/SSNTails
SSNTails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Day Ago   #13
STG3
 
STG3's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhSentinel View Post
We should honestly drop MIDI support altogether. It's buggy and you can't change the soundfont so you're stuck with Microsoft's awful instruments.
VirtualMIDISynth changes the soundfont I disagree

---------- Post added at 01:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioBud1 View Post
I have no clue why that happened. I tried it, but the game didn't crash. Instead, it was playing the midi, but I didn't heard anything. Where did you typed the command: at the title screen or during the game?
In-Game so idk what happened
STG3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.