SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > Releases > Characters

Eggman Details »»
Eggman
Developer Last Online: Mar 2017

Category: Version: SRB2 Rating: (9 votes - 4.56 average)
Released: 03-21-2014 Last Update: 11-14-2014 Installs: 4
Characters Scripts

The obligatory playable Eggman wad. Comes in Egg Mobile and Sea Egg flavors.

Spoiler: Ability List
~Shoot [Custom 1]~
Fires a shot or torpedo forward. If an enemy is targeted, multiple shots will be fired at the target.

~Boost [Custom 2]~
Instantly thrusts forward at an increased speed. Drains rings if used by the Egg Mobile.

~Spikes [Custom 2]~
Only usable by the Egg Mobile. Replaces the Boost ability when an enemy is targeted. Spawns several spikes and lunges at the target, scattering the spikes in random directions upon impact. Costs 2 rings.

~Dummy [Custom 2]~
Only usable by the Sea Egg. Replaces the Boost ability when an enemy is targeted. Sends out a dummy to harass the target, exploding after approximately 2 seconds. Costs 6 rings.

~Lock-On [Custom 3]~
Searches for a target and locks on to it. Targeting an enemy changes the behavior of the Custom 1 and Custom 2 abilities.

~Bomb [Toss Flag]~
Only usable by the Egg Mobile. Tosses a large bomb which explodes in a pattern. Colliding with the fire it leaves behind is not advised. Costs 4 rings.

~Shock [Toss Flag]~
Only usable by the Sea Egg. Shocks the water, damaging all enemies within range. Costs 8 rings.
~Notes~
Custom action controls must be mapped in the options menu if you haven't done so already.
Eggman starts each level with 8 HP, and you aren't getting any of it back unless you complete the level or die.
You can turn super in multiplayer by pressing Custom Action 3.

Download Now

File Type: zip eggman.zip (75.4 KB, 3338 views)

Show Your Support

• This addon may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without the author's permission.

Comments
Old 04-17-2014   #42
Charybdizs
Excelsior
Judge

This is such a good and funny wad. It's great for just fooling around with friends in multiplayer, or just general shenanigans. The bomb in particular is really good feeling to use.

However, I feel like he's really suffers from how hard he is to actually use. When you play in third person, he's so big and fat you can't see where you're aiming, but if you go in first person you miss the nice visual effects like when you dash. I wonder if there's any way you could fix that. Perhaps setting a different default camera angle for him, and giving him a crosshair? Maybe making him semi-transparent? Nah, ghost eggman doesn't seem quite right at all...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonic View Post
Let's beat up eggman, hes such a jerk!
That's right! We can't let that fat man can't get away with his devilish deeds forever!
Charybdizs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014   #43
Terra
Needy child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charybdizs View Post
but if you go in first person you miss the nice visual effects like when you dash.
Quote:
nice visual effects like when you dash.
Yeah! The NICE laggy afterimage effects that even lag on computers that can run Sonic Generations perfectly!
Terra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014   #44
Charybdizs
Excelsior
Judge

#1: Sonic Generations sucks.

#2: I cannot run Sonic Generations at low graphics at full frames per second, yet my computer can definitely handle Eggman's dash. It's not much different from a spindash trail.
Charybdizs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014   #45
Iceman404
Tyler52 Forever

If you lag from simple trails like that, I feel pretty bad for you.
Old 04-17-2014   #46
Terra
Needy child

I lag from it because it just constantly spams itself right in front of the camera. I don't know what kind of cam_dist setting you guys use, but I get lag from using the dash in third person mode.
EDIT: It only lags when using it in software mode. OpenGL is fine and doesn't lag in any area that software mode would lag in.

Last edited by Terra; 04-17-2014 at 08:44 PM.
Old 04-17-2014   #47
Katmint

Quote:
When you play in third person, he's so big and fat you can't see where you're aiming
Why are you trying to aim in third person? While Eggman being huge worsens the problem, the real issue is that aiming properly in third person is impossible regardless of who you're playing as. A crosshair would make it slightly easier but it would still be a huge pain, especially when you can set a toggle chasecam key and use that for easy aiming while still remaining in third person a majority of the time.

If you have a problem with Eggman just blocking too much of your vision in general, try cam_dist 256.

Last edited by Katmint; 04-17-2014 at 09:33 PM.
Katmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014   #48
CobaltBW
I do things sometimes

Quote:
#1: Sonic Generations sucks.
Ehhhh....

But yeah, I don't see how you could have any problems rendering a simple trail. Something's wrong on your end, I think.

Check out my soundcloud profile for music stuff
CobaltBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014   #49
The Zero Team

Last time I played Sonic Generations... at least the demo... it lagged quite a bit (though I have updated my graphic drivers since then, so it may not lag anymore).
But the EggHead Dash trail doesn't lag for me at all. Though I am using OpenGL. Oh, and here's a little chartless chart for you:

SRB2 is impossible to make lag on Windows XP, including SRB2CB motion blur.
SRB2 is definitely possible to make lag on Windows 7, and SRB2CB motion blur? Oh, god, less than 4 frames per second, even though this Windows 7 is an averagely good gaming computer.

So you see, SRB2 runs better on older computers, while new games run better on, well, newer computers. You can't compare Sonic Generations and SRB2.
The Zero Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014   #50
Terra
Needy child

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zero Team View Post
SRB2CB motion blur? Oh, god, less than 4 frames per second, even though this Windows 7 is an averagely good gaming computer.
Actually, SRB2CB's motion blur didn't lag for me at all and I am using Windows 7.
Old 04-18-2014   #51
Maximus Universal
Uhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zero Team View Post
SRB2 is impossible to make lag on Windows XP, including SRB2CB motion blur.
SRB2 is definitely possible to make lag on Windows 7, and SRB2CB motion blur? Oh, god, less than 4 frames per second, even though this Windows 7 is an averagely good gaming computer.
Actually, It's kinda the other way around with me.
Old 04-18-2014   #52
r543

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus Universal View Post
Actually, It's kinda the other way around with me.
Srb2 played fine for me on xp, exept for messing up the desktop colors when I used the windows key to get out.
On Windows 7 I sometimes get music lag(not very noticeable, but it's there), let's hope that srb2 will be playable on the newer systems.
r543 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014   #53
The Zero Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra View Post
Actually, SRB2CB's motion blur didn't lag for me at all and I am using Windows 7.
Well, I'm basing that upon before I ever updated my graphic drivers (never played SRB2CB since I stated updating it monthly), so I may neither get lag now.

Oh, and I got Sonic Generations on Steam recently. It for the most part doesn't lag (at least not to the point where it's noticeable), but some places in some levels do make it lag enough to make a very noticeable input lag,
Spoiler: and some places in some levels make the movement of everything speed up and slow down some times
God, I died so much in Crisis City in both acts due to that. Not fun.
And the Unleashed Renderer mod thing isn't really flawless, and I can't find an official download of D3DOverrider, so... At least I beat it.
But I had already beaten it on PlayStation 3. Though the PlayStation 3 version can't be modded.
The Zero Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014   #54
Neku Sakuraba
Ending the Reaper's Game

Could you please remove the ability to kill people in co-op with the bomb ability? that is getting to be a real pain.
Old 06-23-2014   #55
YevaEA
Christmas is no longer here

I have no words for what I've done with this wad.
Spoiler:
YevaEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014   #56
LunarDestroyer

I guess with that bump I can bring this up again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunarDestroyer View Post
Just a suggestion, but i feel that the Flame Burst ability could be changed to better round out Eggman's abilities, and to make it a bit easier to use and understand. My idea for the replacement is this: One press of the button Spawns a targeting thing that follows the player's aim, and once it hits an enemy/item box/whatever, it would stick to that object until the player pressed the button again, causing the same effect that the ability has now. Sort of like a lock-on sniping weapon, i suppose.
I still feel the Flame Burst ability needs some sort of change or addition. One way could be to rework it into the idea I had above, or you could just increase the range a little bit. I would say make the horizontal range a bit farther, and the horizontal range should be upped too. And maybe also make the cool off time a little shorter as well. On the subject of abilities, the dash is REALLY just not worth using. If it was an instant speed boost like the actual boss has it would be reasonable. It would still be uncontrollable like it is now, just now it would act like... Yknow, a dash. Also the spikeballs firing out is a bit weird. It SEEMS like they lock onto enemies but Its hard to tell. Anyhow, this is still a pretty fun mod, so I'll still have fun either way.
LunarDestroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014   #57
Phil the hegi
Rest in Potatoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neku Sakuraba View Post
Could you please remove the ability to kill people in co-op with the bomb ability? that is getting to be a real pain.
It wouldn't be a removal, no, but rather an addition.
Old 06-26-2014   #58
Firework917
Wizard 1.0 is SRB3!

I shot a bomb and killed all the other Match players in the server.
10/10.
Firework917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014   #59
YevaEA
Christmas is no longer here

This mod makes destruction look so pretty. 5 stars.
Spoiler:
YevaEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014   #60
CyanFox
SRB2 C.P. Revived

Default SP Sonic attack

I had so much fun with this mod. But it got even more fun when I added a wad that made a Sonic bot for Eggman. I turned ringslinger and friendlyfire on and started shooting Sonic a lot. I don't know why but it was so funny.
CyanFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014   #61
Spaceman2028

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zubat View Post
I have no words for what I've done with this wad.
Spoiler:
Quote:
I shot a bomb and killed all the other Match players in the server.
10/10.
Quote:
This mod makes destruction look so pretty. 5 stars.
Quote:
I had so much fun with this mod. But it got even more fun when I added a wad that made a Sonic bot for Eggman. I turned ringslinger and friendlyfire on and started shooting Sonic a lot. I don't know why but it was so funny.
None of that madness with the bomb is nearly as bad as what you can cause with the flame burst:
http://zippy.gfycat.com/CircularHonoredBillygoat.webm
Spaceman2028 is offline   Reply With Quote