SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > Releases > Characters

Greeneyes - v2.3.2 - Multiability ain't got nothin' on this! Feel the Heat! Details »»
Greeneyes - v2.3.2 - Multiability ain't got nothin' on this! Feel the Heat!
Version: 2.3.2, by D00D64 (A "rather brash" indivisual) D00D64 is offline
Developer Last Online: Oct 2017

Category: Version: SRB2 Rating: (8 votes - 3.38 average)
Released: 03-18-2014 Last Update: 04-12-2014 Installs: 4
Characters

The same Sonic that Dumbventure used, but his fur changes color as opposed to his shoes like normal.
It's just SonicRE with SonicCE spinning frames, no hookfeet frames, Knuckles' movement stats, and the Homing Attack...

Or that's how it started, anyway.

Now Greeneyes is one of the most ability stuffed characters in SRB2 history.

JUMP: Homing Attack
TOSS FLAG: LightDash
CUSTOM 1: Double Jump
CUSTOM 2: Speed Stomp
CUSTOM 3: Feel the Heat!

Yeah, that's quite a bit! The Homing Attack will hit the closest enemy or monitor in range, with the Double Jump... well, you know. You can use a Double Jump or another Homing Attack after hitting an enemy, but you can't use either ability after a Double Jump. The Speed Stomp sends Greeneyes plummeting super fast to the ground, allowing you to bounce off enemies super high too! If you hold it, you go right through enemies instead. The Lightdash allows you to follow trails of rings super fast, just by tapping the button near a line or group of rings. But be careful where you're going after you do that, because you're invincible when dashing, but not when you fling out of a dash at super speed!

Once more, Greeneyes has a Heat meter. When this meter is full, you can Feel the Heat! When you feel the heat, your stats increase slightly, you can run on water (if you run/land on the surface, not jump on it), your homing attack propels you faster, and the double jump sends you wicked high! You can also turn Super, and when you do, you have infinite heat meter, combining Super Sonic's stat boosts onto the Heat stat boosts! Feel the SUPER HEAT!

So yeah, from zzzro to hero, the new and improved Greeneyes! Give him a go!

The ZIP contains two wads: Normal Greeneyes, and SuperCar Greeneyes. SuperCar Greeneyes uses his car instead of going super.

Known Bugs: Greeneyes still uses his car to Lightdash with the normal wad. This isn't really a bug, more so that... I dont have a good lightdash sprite yet. Going super for lightdashing with THAT super hair is just jarring. He'd also go into car when getting hit by a super stunning turret, but I've yet to see that used...

Download Now

File Type: zip Greeneyes.zip (238.1 KB, 8183 views)

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20005.gif
Views:	1468
Size:	1.38 MB
ID:	4269   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20076.gif
Views:	1952
Size:	2.87 MB
ID:	4285   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20082.gif
Views:	1670
Size:	3.97 MB
ID:	4286  

Supporters / CoAuthors

Show Your Support

• This addon may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without the author's permission.

Comments
Old 04-04-2014   #22
YevaEA
Christmas is no longer here

Personally, I would love to have the double jump assigned to one of the custom keys. I have a really simple setup for SRB2 controls, setting R, F, and V as the three custom actions.
YevaEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014   #23
D00D64
A "rather brash" indivisual

Okay, new update.

Attempts at making Greeneyes use the spin key to double jump have been futile, as the whirlwind shield overrides the jump with a shorter one, and I cant do anything to override the whirlwind shield whatsoever. Another time, perhaps.

But for now, Greeneyes can uncurl from a roll by pushing the spin key. He can technically run on water with speed shoes now, but only if the water's surface is within stepping range. So basically, never outside of GFZ1. Feh. I'll probably update Greeneyes some more later.
Quote:
<SpiritCrusher> But I wouldn't say "dead Jew child" is incorrect
<SpiritCrusher> Nobody would doubt that it's a dead Jew child
D00D64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014   #24
r543

Quote:
Originally Posted by D00D64 View Post
Okay, new update.

Attempts at making Greeneyes use the spin key to double jump have been futile, as the whirlwind shield overrides the jump with a shorter one, and I cant do anything to override the whirlwind shield whatsoever. Another time, perhaps.

But for now, Greeneyes can uncurl from a roll by pushing the spin key. He can technically run on water with speed shoes now, but only if the water's surface is within stepping range. So basically, never outside of GFZ1. Feh. I'll probably update Greeneyes some more later.
How does the "waterrun" work now ? Wouln't it be better to give him waterrun without swim ?(and what if the whirlwind shield's jump boost got changed(but only for this character) or maybe a triple jump if you have the shield ?
I've created a custom edit of this and added the double jump to the LUA/Custom Key 1.
r543 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014   #25
D00D64

Okay, updated AGAIN, this time, he can water run if he drops off the ledge. Highly considering enabling uncurling in the air for this purpose. Thanks to 742mph for making said water run code improvements!
Quote:
Old 04-12-2014   #26
D00D64

...Welp, update 2.0. That was quick! He's now got a LOT of perks to him, so check the main post for the info!
Quote:
Old 04-12-2014   #27
MrDonoB

Spoiler:

SUPER GREENEYES RACING

Old 04-12-2014   #28
FieryExplosion
Spriting and lazing around

Huh. Cool, we've got a more awesome Greeneyes! I can see now he has some more abilities.

What button activates Super Greeneyes?
FieryExplosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014   #29
TehRealSalt
Ya Gal Sal Here (σᴥσ)
Developer

Greeneyes completely destroys THZ.

Spoiler:

I love it.

Quote:
What button activates Super Greeneyes?
Same way you activate Super with most characters; jump twice with all emeralds.
Old 04-13-2014   #30
Thrust
That one confused guy.

cant seem to double jump with a shield
Thrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014   #31
"Lat'"
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrust View Post
cant seem to double jump with a shield
Tell me if I'm wrong but double jump uses spin button?
Shields can do something special by pressing the spin button, D-Jump for Wind shield and detonate for the Nuclear Bomb Shield.
"Lat'" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014   #32
Thrust
That one confused guy.

Double jump is ring toss, and it seems to only be a problem with the 2 hit shield
Thrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014   #33
D00D64

Yeah, sorry about that, it was part of what I did to (try) to get the whirlwind shield to have a separate effect, in this case, an even bigger double jump. This was when I was trying to map the ability onto Spin. It is effected by the Force Shield too, due to how the Force Shield works, as it checks other shields. So yeah, quick patch. I literally just added two characters to a line. And no, D-Jump isn't toss ring, its toss flag.
Quote:
Old 04-13-2014   #34
r543

Quote:
Yeah, sorry about that, it was part of what I did to (try) to get the whirlwind shield to have a separate effect, in this case, an even bigger double jump. This was when I was trying to map the ability onto Spin. It is effected by the Force Shield too, due to how the Force Shield works, as it checks other shields. So yeah, quick patch. I literally just added two characters to a line. And no, D-Jump isn't toss ring, its toss flag.
I like the new changes, but I noticed some things:
Why isn't double jump on the first custom action key ? It would make a lot more sense if it was and I'd like to have custom action 3 for lightdash(So that every character that uses lightdash has it on the same key, key 1 would work too, but it wouldn't work with characters that already have a special ability on that, I hope you understand what I mean). Does it use the same lightdash code, as the one posted on the forums ? I think it should give sonic a short invinciblity because it can mess up sometimes and launch you into enemies.
Greeneyes has Super Sprites, but you didn't set the super flag so he uses the default sonic sprites(might be fixed now, but the palette needs to be changed so it flashes).
Lightdash uses the "super run" sprites, which are currently the racecar sprites, maybe change that.
Did you change the waterrun so you can do it while running even without super sneakers ?(the bugs part of the topic still says that you can glitch waterrun, but I remember that you changed it).

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDonoB View Post
Spoiler:

SUPER GREENEYES RACING

It's yours my friend, as long as you have enough rings:
http://youtu.be/fa1cHi5acR8

Last edited by r543; 04-13-2014 at 11:18 AM.
r543 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014   #35
Pure-Fat Inc.

The sound that he does when he homing attacks is very annoying specially when you are using it to beat lots of enemies. I think the speed thok/ SA's homing attack sound effect is better.
Pure-Fat Inc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014   #36
D00D64

And now, 2.3, the HEAT update!

his keys got rearranged (check the main post), and using Custom 3 when the meter is full makes you Feel the Heat! It boosts your abilities and is really ridiculous! Use with super mode, and your meter is infinite, making it even MORE ridiculous! So hot, nothing can touch ya! He also uses normal Super sprites for his super form now, but for those of you that miss the car, there's a SuperCar varient of the wad too. Go download the zip!
Quote:
Old 04-13-2014   #37
FieryExplosion
Spriting and lazing around

Nice little upgrade Greeneyes has got here! I can't help but feel that the "Heat" ability goes by a little too fast, but I guess that's to keep it from becoming overpowered. Greeneyes is getting awesomer with every passing week... or month... or something.
FieryExplosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014   #38
D00D64

Okay, quick patch. He plays nice with NiGHTS mode now (as far as I can tell), and has a super icon. Not sure how to fix the weird pully bug though. Another time, perhaps.
Quote:
Old 04-13-2014   #39
RedEnchilada
happy, pretty, lovely!
Developer

whee
RedEnchilada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014   #40
Katmint

Quote:
Not sure how to fix the weird pully bug though.
Change LUA_GAME line 54 to "player.normalspeed = 35*FRACUNIT". Right now you have it forcing the player's speed to always be 35. Pullies set speed to 10, but your forced 35 speed overrides it.

Also, part of your heat meter HUD is drawing as the other characters, replace LUA_HEAT with this to fix it.

Last edited by Katmint; 04-13-2014 at 06:20 PM.
Katmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014   #41
D00D64

Bah, that explains it. I never fixed that being player.speed. I did with Feel the Heat mode, but nt when normal. Anyways, I fixed both just now, so thanks Katmint!
Quote: