SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > Releases > Characters

Blaze the Cat v1.2 Details »»
Blaze the Cat v1.2
Developer Last Online: Sep 2017

Category: Version: SRB2 Rating: (2 votes - 3.20 average)
Released: 03-17-2014 Last Update: Never Installs: 3
Characters

It's about time I posted my Blaze the Cat update formally, and for the newest SRB2 release too!

This character skin is, sadly, still the same skin that was during 1.09 days, but at least she's properly colored this time around, and the animations aren't too shabby, at least. Hopefully this Blaze will hold you guys over until Hinote finishes her better version of this. =P

***UPDATE***

Updated again! Now Blaze's dress and her fur change color in the Blaze Alt file, so if you need to be easier to spot in multiplayer, this is the version you want!

***Special Thanks Goes To***

-SonicTheDalek, for the original life monitor icons.
-Senku Niola, for redrawing the head on Blaze's back-diagonal sprites.
-darkness claw, for the character select picture.
-Chrispy, for improving/making the spin sprites.
-SpaceKGreen, for the '06 Blaze model references and Alt Blaze's character select image.
-Katmint, for working some Lua magic to get her super form working again.

***Usage***

To use this character properly, she needs to be loaded from startup so the custom palette kicks in. (Don't worry, it doesn't mess with anything, and won't even conflict with Hinote.) This allows Blaze to be the proper colors I wanted her in originally.

Alternatively if you don't want her conflicting with another palette mod, (Assuming you're using one.) use the alternate Blaze WAD instead that excludes the custom palette. She's still a darker purple, instead of blue, thankfully. That version also has a hidden easter egg if you look for it!

***Screenshots***

***Screenies From Other Users***

Download Now

File Type: zip BlazeTheCat.zip (152.9 KB, 5790 views)

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20000.png
Views:	14082
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	3834  

Supporters / CoAuthors

Show Your Support

• This addon may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without the author's permission.

Comments
Old 06-20-2017   #102
Lach
what the thok mate??

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Luke View Post
A bit late to replying, but someone PM'd me to say there was a better version of Mighty available. (While also offering a patch to improve mine? Seemed redundant.) If that's true, I haven't seen it in Releases either, nor do I really look that far into this board. I've quit playing the game so much as casually for nearly two years now, and haven't had any reason to look around because of it. (Maybe 2.2 will change that.)

That said, if it's on here, I would also like Mighty trashed with the rest, in the future. If not, look around on a search engine and see if you can contact the creator. I'm more than open to active members of the community replacing my old stuff.
At the moment, this "replaced" Mighty is nothing more than users adding Lua scripts to your Mighty sprites. I know there are a few users interested in respriting Mighty, but as far as I know none of them are very far along, unless someone is doing him in secret. \_(ツ)_/
Lach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017   #103
ProtoBlur
also known as King Proto

Good to know that I wouldn't have to search the internet for a better spirited mighty wad. I do have a mighty wad with better shading and lua abilities that I got off of saph's underground wad site, so at least there's that.
Old 06-25-2017   #104
.Luke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lach View Post
At the moment, this "replaced" Mighty is nothing more than users adding Lua scripts to your Mighty sprites. I know there are a few users interested in respriting Mighty, but as far as I know none of them are very far along, unless someone is doing him in secret. \_(ツ)_/
So that's what it is? I wish the person who informed me of this had been a little more clear about it. Their PM made it sound like a character with all new assets was already sitting here in releases.

If that's the case, I would be alright with the author submitting it here, while my original topic hits the bin. Lua abilities make things more interesting than a 1:1 port of an old character.