Forum Rules - Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sonic Shadow said:
I have on suggestion: What about making a spam/crap/whatever forum here? It should keep the rest of the forum clean.
And no, no complaining about waste of space, sice forums usually have almost infinite space to post.
Kind of like the ASDF section at the segsev cafe?

The Dark Fox said:
Isn't discussion of the Tails Doll Curse prohibited?
Not specifically, but such topics fit under the "no spam" rule.

Sonic Shadow said:
...Owait. I have on suggestion: What about making a spam/crap/whatever forum here? It should keep the rest of the forum clean.
And no, no complaining about waste of space, sice forums usually have almost infinite space to post.
We intentionally do not have a spam forum because spam topics are explicitly prohibited by the rules of the forum. If you'd like to make spammy posts, try one another forum that has such a place.

The thing is, it wouldn't be better. There are plenty of places people can go where they can spam to their heart's content. However, here we have a shortage of staff and really don't feel like dealing with the upkeep that a spam forum generates.

The message is "Go find an appropriate place for your spam. This forum is not it"

I don't find a spam forum useful anyways. Spam isn't always fun. MUDKIPZ I LIKE MUDKIPZ in every topic title isn't worth the work of creating a separate section for it.

Since this is the Rules section I would assume that disscussion of the OLDC Rules are allowed.

So what are the consequences of breaking the contest rules?

You know what? Maybe we SHOULD have a different host, as FuriousFox just simply leaves the enforcement of the rules to vigilante justice. I don't like that.

The simple fact that he didn't enforce current contest rule 2 twice should nullify his New rule 4 that says you can only have one entry per catagory. I would like to know what prompted him to add that one.

I dunno if it is a good idea to talk about this contest stuff in here. Maybe you should complain about the contest rules in your own thread.

With Rule 7, if you're making the WAD too, can you still ask for people to at least help? Say I start making a mod. I plan on having 14 Acts, and have 4 done. Can I ask for some people to make 1 or 2 of them? (I'm speaking hypothetically.)

Generally, I'd suggest against asking for help unless you've already made a release of something substantial. Even then it's generally in bad taste unless what you're asking for help for is reasonable.

So basically if you've got tons of levels made, but suck at spriting, you can ask for someone to do the enemy sprites?

Basically, as long as you provide some type of proof of concept or some progress involved, then you can get some help by asking on the board

Although, of course you can get help from a friend during the beginning stages of the project if you work together before announcing your work on the board.

Daredevil said:
Just a question, are random users allowed to create a WADding contest, and if so, which section should it be in?

FuriousFox is the host of the wad contests, and it's in the editing forums, and voting in SRB2 Discussion I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back