Stuff to put in SRB2ME (DISCUSSION TOPIC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that has been made before by "Dashfox" in Dashs world.

Also this is discussion....were you trying to reply to something?

Chaos Knux said:
zeldagamer00 said:
A quick Sayteam key, because we already have a quick Say/talk key.
Someone hasn't used the match beta. It's already in, ZG00.
Its called I didn't play the old match beta leak. >.>

zeldagamer00 said:
A flag pass key, and when the other player gets the flag, have a message saying "Player 1 passed the flag to Player 2!"

Spazzo edit: There's already a flag toss key...
ZG00 edit: Removed the teamsay so everybody can see it.
@Spazzo: But its kinda hard to pass off when the flag goes flying and you have about 5 opponents around you, not to mention that you have you get the attention of your team-mate(s) before hand.

fawfulfan said:
I have a bug report. You know how you get an extra life for every hundred rings? It doesn't work after 200 rings.
This isn't a bug; that's exactly how it worked in the old games. Thus, that's how it works here.

BlueZero4 said:
Also, something that bugs me is that when you hit the "reset camera" button, the camera doesn't center behind the player. This wouldn't be a problem normally, except that using an FPS control scheme and then using the "turn camera" buttons makes it impossible to play correctly. Having "reset camera" center the camera behind the player would also be amazing for analog mode so that we can control the camera without using the "turn camera" button.
Code:
bind }KEY{ "cam_rotate 0"

arnold_the_bartender said:
There's just one gripe about Sonic's walking sprites. No offense but it looks like he's constipated or something. Instead of hooking his arm like he's doing boxing when viewing him from the front view or swinging it back like he's skipping like a girl from the back view, I think the arm movement (and the leg movement would have to change to complement it) should be have more of a Sonic 2 or 3 approach. Not to mention the flow would seem to make more sense. I think tails has the same problem. In the original games his arms were more at his side. It seems overdramatic. Because of the way how Sonic's walking sprites are, there have been multiple recolors or wads using those sprites as an outline, resulting in a multitude of the same walking animation being spawned everywhere They would work, however, for Amy and the like. If anybody has played Fighting Force and chose to play as Alana, she swings her arms exactly like Sonic's in SRB2.

It has a Sonic X-treme approach. Take a look: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kG75BhsOBco

MattW_CFI said:
fawfulfan said:
I have a bug report. You know how you get an extra life for every hundred rings? It doesn't work after 200 rings.
This isn't a bug; that's exactly how it worked in the old games. Thus, that's how it works here.

No. In the old games you got an extra life after every 100 rings. So at 100 you got an extra life, at 200 you got an extra life, and 300 you got an extra life, and so on.

Nathan Speed said:
MattW_CFI said:
fawfulfan said:

No. In the old games you got an extra life after every 100 rings. So at 100 you got an extra life, at 200 you got an extra life, and 300 you got an extra life, and so on.

Are you sure?Because your wron.g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_y-fmhhXn-A
Now you lost the game.

darkness claw said:
Give us the option to swap between weapon rings, so you can manually choose and combine weapon rings that you have with you, rather than the game automatically combining the ones you have.
(And the weapon rings you aren't using don't get their time limit depleted.)
Already implimented, except that there IS no comination rings or ring time limit anymore. The new match system is more like Skulltag's, where you can change your weapon at will. The Infinity rings still work the old way though.

james77358 said:
maybe we need like a... high score list for the game (and mods, if the creator wants) and maybe you can send the score and best time attack online (cheat codes and god menus will disable the high score and time attack feature. custom charaters still have a chance to place their name in the high score list. a pic that says "CuStOm" next to the name will tell players if a custom character had got their name in the high score list.).

If this is implemented, I don't think Custom Characters should be featured. Otherwise people will create completely overpowered characters for the sake of being on the leaderboards.

Simsmagic said:
james77358 said:
maybe we need like a... high score list for the game (and mods, if the creator wants) and maybe you can send the score and best time attack online (cheat codes and god menus will disable the high score and time attack feature. custom charaters still have a chance to place their name in the high score list. a pic that says "CuStOm" next to the name will tell players if a custom character had got their name in the high score list.).

If this is implemented, I don't think Custom Characters should be featured. Otherwise people will create completely overpowered characters for the sake of being on the leaderboards.

Maybe only chosen characters could be used. And you have to give a picture as well, of your victory.

MegamanZero29292 said:
Elec = Double Jump
Wind = Slow Descent
Water = Bounce
Bomb = explode
Fire = thok

Bold:Removed in 1.1; effects given to Elemental (Green) Shield.
Italic: Sprites recycled for Force Shield

now that you mention it... the custom characters must not be over powered and has to be verified by the leader board server before it can get a high score. any characters not verified will NOT have a chance to put their name in the high score list. this is just my little twist on it. thanks for the reminder.

Chaos Knux said:
Elec = Double Jump
Wind = Slow Descent
Water = Bounce
Bomb = explode
Fire = thok

Bold: Effects given to Elemental (Green) Shield.
Italic: Sprites recycled for Force Shield

That isn't true. The elemental shield just makes it so you don't get hurt by various elements (like fire, electricity etc). The wind shield still is the only one that double jumps. The yellow shield is for attracting rings. If the elemental shield had double jump AND elemental immunity, then it would be overpowered.

I don't know where you got that any shield would bounce.

I didn't say that, I was quoting from the suggestions thread and forgot the guys username. It was MegamanZero29292.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back