Suggestions

By this, why not implent all Terminal's features? This is not a joke here, it would be very useful to kick those guys with 700 ping that says "LAGGGGGG" and fucks up the whole server...

This is Pretty much what i meant,when the Host isn't ingame,online players can still kick Annoying players if vote Passed and Players agreed to kick
EDIT : I Forgot to mention about other vote types like Map,Gametype,Restart

By now, I only think of these suggestions:
- Make springs have a custom launch target, like make the player go further, higher, or even an alternative trajectory (sorry about my language, ok?).
- Slopes (if possible), circular slopes and wall run.
- If we hit springs and our character can do homing attack, make the homing attack work.
- For homing attack, make the game show who is the target with a lock-on.
That's it for now, I hope this is usefull.

- Make springs have a custom launch target, like make the player go further, higher, or even an alternative trajectory (sorry about my language, ok?).

This is doable with Lua.

- Slopes (if possible), circular slopes and wall run.

...heeeere we go again! Slopes aren't happening for vanilla SRB2, we don't need to go over this again (search around for the previous discussions on the matter for explanation).

Wall-running meanwhile would need new sprites for everyone to view characters from their top/bottom, not to mention diagonal-top-side angles ...we're kind of running out of frame space as it is, so this is probably not happening for vanilla SRB2 either.

- If we hit springs and our character can do homing attack, make the homing attack work.

Custom springs can already do this optionally for any ability, by setting PainChance to a value other than 0! This allows the spring to make the player act as if it was in fact a regular first jump, spinning animation and everything.

- For homing attack, make the game show who is the target with a lock-on.

This is also do-able with Lua.

By this, why not implent all Terminal's features? This is not a joke here, it would be very useful to kick those guys with 700 ping that says "LAGGGGGG" and fucks up the whole server...

At one point I brought that up to Red before, and we ended up concluding that if Terminal's features were implemented into the vanilla game, the moddability aspect of Terminal would be gone. What's nice about it right now is that you can modify whatever parts you please, and hardcoding it wouldn't really allow for that as much as using Lua scripts. In the future, I don't see it too bad if maybe some features get implemented into the game, like the new login system, but it should always keep some kind of Lua base in order to make it simple enough to modify.

(That being said, it's not like we never added features to the game for the purpose of supporting Terminal...)

By speaking of wall run, this could be done by simply flip the character's sprites. I'm not speaking of climbing walls that faces you, but walls on left/right, it could be easyly done.
As we could do loops in 2D with slopes, even if that's not happening, just by flipping the sprites.

EDIT: Or the camera could just flip with the player's angle on the wall to make it appear like if he was on the ground? Of course, other players will find your position strange a little but meh.

Also, I understand for what you said about Terminal, but I still think the votekick/voteban should still be implented for the case I mentioned before.

Actually, the previous suggestion gave me an idea that would help to /majorly/ cut down on the amount of sprites in Nights Mode: Sprite Rotation. Heck, if thats added, potentially custom characters will be capable of having custom nights frames for themselves, which may be able to allow for the base super sonic transformation to not happen.

Yeah, I don't know why they made that amount of sprites for NiGHTS super sonic, they coul d just make it flip to get super smooth animations, unless this is impossible with Doom engine, which would seriously suck.

Actually, while we are at it, maybe add a few hooks into Lua that allow for modifying graphics: For instance, cutting off a section of the sprite, or creating new sprites by using multiple images, or even changing where the pixels positions are.

Edit: To add another suggestion to this, perhaps lua that only affects display on clientside: For instance, changing the appearance of specific enemies for easter eggs (so if someone is in a "holiday" mode, one would be shown variant sprites and textures that fit the mode. Adding hooks for existing clientside settings such as checking if OpenGL is on, or if one is using MD2s. I already know of a way I could use this (making standard player sprites invisible when MD2s are on, to load the textures in the wad file without having multiplayer users be stuck viewing the textures instead of the sprites if they aren't using MD2's. Heck, having checks to see if a specific sprite has an MD2 model would be great for that too.)

Last edited:
I Noticed something,if you try to reload a WAD,LUA File and it's already loaded,the game will not reload it,what if the wad that i'm trying to load differs of the loaded one ? the game will not load it too.it just says,file already loaded -_-

---------- Post added at 08:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 AM ----------

Blablabla Nights Mode,Sprites,Super Sonic -_-.
You may still replace them with MD2's !

The game checks if a file is already loaded by comparing the MD5 to MD5s of currently loaded files. Modifying a file that's been loaded actually works fine and allows you to reload it.

What's about making posibble to make a video record from srb2 itself and this could be switched to gif animation.
1005ha_bl_f9.jpg

Turns it off, too.

I think he was talking about recording a video file with sound, like AVI or WMV or MP4, not just a Gif or APNG file, because there are totally no free screen recorders out on the internet.[/sarcasm]

Edit: Also, I'd like to suggest being able to make a whirlwind jump by pressing spin after falling off a ledge. It can be really frustrating to do a really good run in a level, then screw up due to pressing spin instead of jump to do a whirlwind jump. It's clearly (at least probably) an intentional design choice, though, so I wouldn't call it a bug.

Last edited:
How about a lua constant that returns the current rendering mode, similar to how MODID returns the version of the game that is running?
(If there is one already, would you mind letting me know what it is?)

I have some suggestions for Linedef Type 444 (Earthquake):
1.Can it only affect the player that activates it if a certain effect is given to it?
I am making a map that uses earthquakes in certain areas, and i can't have them occuring for all players.
2.Can it also only affect the sector it is activated in if another effect is given to it?

May the Mario firePumas stay in Mario mode, and have the Marble Zone fireball sprites replace them for the other gametypes? I'm sorry I have an opinion, guys

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back