Slopes in 1.1 Software confirmed! (EXE leaked! Page 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boinciel

ヒトデのパンと不思議なジャム
Sonic Team Junior
Kart Krew™️
Judge
So it has come to my attention that FuriousFox has done his best to cover up the largest accidental leak in Sonic Robo Blast 2 history. (No, Omega leaking a demo early doesn't count.) However, this may incite a riot. I shall do my best to explain what's happened so far.

attachment.php

This screenshot was posted in the 1.1 suggestions thread. It caused a large discussion and speculation, neither of which were in the best interests of the thread. Many people saw it, and are questioning what happened for it to get here.
Cueball DDoS'd the Arias brothers and got a copy of their hard drive somehow. On there was a 1.1 beta and a mysterious WAD file called slopetest.wad. Intrigued, he launched the program and loaded the file. What he saw next shocked him beyond all belief. A slope. In Software mode. He quickly uploaded his find to SendSpace and posted it on IRC, where an unknown number of people clicked on it and got it. He quickly realized his mistake and used the file delete link, but it was too late. 1.1 was leaked.
However, something strange happened. Certain people's SRB2 folders started disappearing entirely when they performed certain tasks. Speculation that Sonic Team Junior was remotely triggering the EXEs to delete the folder they were in was abound. However, it was discovered that they performed this action only when the multiplayer menu was triggered. For this reason, there is currently no knowledge of what netplay will be like.
Discuss.

Attachments

• srb20163.png
    srb20163.png
    15.3 KB · Views: 401
Last edited:
Don't get your hopes too high up. 90 degree slopes in the four basic directions aren't necessarily the same as a proper slope engine.

Re: Slopes in 1.1 Software confirmed!

Boinciel said:
He quickly uploaded his find to SendSpace and posted it on IRC, where an unknown number of people clicked on it and got it. He quickly realized his mistake and used the file delete link, but it was too late. 1.1 was leaked.
So, can anyone who has the EXE reuplaod it?

Kaysakado said:
Boinciel said:
He quickly uploaded his find to SendSpace and posted it on IRC, where an unknown number of people clicked on it and got it. He quickly realized his mistake and used the file delete link, but it was too late. 1.1 was leaked.
Everyone who had it deleted it after the leak was found out.

BlazingPhoenix said:
Kaysakado said:
Boinciel said:
Everyone who had it deleted it after the leak was found out.
Well, I know for sure that I deleted it as soon as I found out that there was a possibility of my folder being deleted. I did manage get another screenshot a couple of minutes before, however.
srb20167.png

attachment.php

Yes, they have started to incorporate the slopes into the levels. It seems like they're going to replace the makeshift slopes before they go for renovating the level to include slopes in other places, though. It certainly gave me a higher framerate at this part of Greenflower Zone 2.

Attachments

• srb20167.png
    srb20167.png
    19.9 KB · Views: 243
Last edited:
Couldn't you just, y'know, MOVE IT TO A DIFFERENT FOLDER?! Man, it's times like these that I hate that I'm not allowed on IRC. Anyways, it could still be in your recycle bin. If it's there, upload it or I'll start spamming you with PMs. *shot* But seriously, upload plzlthxbai.

It would be logical that posted links of this leak would be removed and the poster banned, so wait. Be patient with this, guys.

The question is who has it. Oh well. But hey, if it's been leaked, can we have it early SSN? We might be able to find bugs. =P

XD

Sorry if I sound retarded here, but despite everything you said in your first post, I couldn't help call fake when I saw that second "new screenshot". As soon as I saw the second screenshot I thought, slope at the end of gfz2, slope at the end of gfz2, slope at the end of gfz2.

Unless they took that portion of that level to try and turn the steps on that slope and make it a real slope, as a test, because I don't see any steps on that slope in the second screenshot, but it definatly looks like its from the end of gfz2.

Sciky said:
Sorry if I sound retarded here, but despite everythinhg you said in your first help but scream this whole thing was fake when i saw that second "new screenshot" as soon as I saw the second screenshot I thought, slope at the end of gfz2, slope at the end of gfz2, slope at the end of gfz2.

Unless they took that portion of that level to try and turn the steps on that slope and make it a real slope, because I don't see any steps on that slope in the second screenshout, but it definatly looks like its from the end of gfz2.

It is from the end of Greenflower Zone 2.
Boinciel said:
Yes, they have started to incorporate the slopes into the levels.

I was just about to delete my post after realising I missed what you said at the end of your first post, I'm sorry I havn't
made a retarded mistake like that before, ugh, but sorry people do sometimes lie and joke about these things.

Well you can tell he's not lying. From looking at the slope at the end of GFZ2 upward. You can see the stairs, but downward, it looks like a slope. And if you look at the GFZ2 screen shot of that, he's looking upward. And if you're not convinced by that, just look at the first post, he's looking upward there too. Just go into GFZ2 and try it out yourself.

Boinciel said:
Kaysakado said:
PM me with it, then?
You do realize that the Admins can view PMs, right?
As a matter of fact, they cannot, IIRC. They can ban people from sending PMs if someone reports that they've done something bad in a PM, but they can't read the PMs thereselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back