• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Other Chen's scrap yard

Status
Not open for further replies.

OtherChen

The other one
Download the alpha builds from Dropbox!
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/brij38asnbjtxhh/AADeIelOxLLkZWTkGjqnmvjGa?dl=0
(Also download Vehicles 0.17, available on Dropbox or from this very message board)

So I got Zone Builder working.
fcec6Sz.png
This will be a demo map with plenty of air, land, and sea to roam around in. I might make one or two Match maps as well.

Last edited:
Golden rays of the glorious sunshine; setting down, such a blood-red light

Looks nice. Good luck on your maps.

Unrelated to the thread's content, but there is some kind of long-ass image url in the first post's spoiler that locks up a few phones I've tried to view this with...

URL length: 438.4 kb
PNG length: 328.6 kb
Jaw length: on the floor
Fixed that.

Meanwhile, I've got a few ideas for the map as a whole:

• Firing range full of respawning enemies
  • Obstacle course for the jet and motorcycle
  • Every body of water is connected by an underground tunnel network so submarines can travel more easily
  • Cloud platforms near the "ceiling"

I've added some basic map elements: tunnels, a floating cloud, and a massive pit of dirty water. All vehicles can be reached from the center, where everyone spawns in co-op.
Here's some more thoughts:

• Platforming course for the tank
  • Match pickups (once the map is filled in)
  • Level exit to GFZ1 in co-op
I'll start uploading alpha builds to Dropbox from here out; download the first one below. The map depends on Vehicles 0.17, so download that from Dropbox if you don't already have it from the MB.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/brij38asnbjtxhh/AADeIelOxLLkZWTkGjqnmvjGa?dl=0

Attachments

• srb20001.jpg
    srb20001.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 306
Last edited:
More rings and other pickups, an actual building, and a jump ramp for XTREEM JUMPZ. Might have to shrink the map a bit as I add scenery so it doesn't look so empty.

I'm thinking a skyscraper and/or a warehouse elsewhere in the map, more vehicle-accessible than the store in the center. I'll fill in the store's interior and leave these other buildings mostly empty.

Attachments

• srb20000.jpg
    srb20000.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 291
Last edited:
More rings and other pickups, an actual building, and a jump ramp for XTREEM JUMPZ. Might have to shrink the map a bit as I add scenery so it doesn't look so empty.

I'm thinking a skyscraper and/or a warehouse elsewhere in the map, more vehicle-accessible than the store in the center. I'll fill in the store's interior and leave these other buildings mostly empty.

How about some more roads? For racing? idk

Here's the latest additions:

• The road system has been improved significantly -- more roads, wider lanes, and lots of rings along the straight parts
  • Some plain-looking buildings have sprung up
  • Four of each vehicle type, and two of each weapon and shield type
  • Speed shoes and random spawners at the corners of the map so you can reach the center quickly
  • Improved framerate by reducing the map area and setting all vehicle spawners to single-spawn
  • Reduced the file size by removing the music (temporarily) and shrinking the sign textures
Plans:

• Better texture choices so empty vehicles stand out aginst the map
  • Make the pathetically small skyscraper twice as tall
  • Actually build a gas station instead of moving the gas-station sign back and forth every update
  • Kick out the terrorist Toad on the east end of town

Trying some new color choices for the floor. The old cement texture was repurposed into a sidewalk. I think the shop and the gas station look better against the Castle Eggman floor, but the warehouse and the skyscraper still need work.

This is the last time I'll be shrinking the map. Time to figure out how to fill the remaining space...

Attachments

• srb20000.jpg
    srb20000.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 331
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back