Releases Section Revamp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mystic

As a lot of you have already noticed, we have wiped the releases section of the forum. Some of the older topics are being moved into the new sections, but most will remain in the archives.

To prevent the insane flood of utter garbage, we now have a new system for dealing with the releases sections of this forum.

To make a release, you will need to post your topic onto the new "Releases - Submissions" section of the forums. This new section of the forums has a large number of moderators, in the new Judge user group. They will either move your WAD into the appropriate Releases section or move your topic into the trash. Please bear with us as we transition to this new system.

If you just want feedback on your work, the Editing section is still open for getting feedback on your works in progress. The releases section should only be used for material that's at least complete enough to be playable all the way through.

Hopefully, this new design will make the releases section less of a repository for garbage and more of a section for obtaining and discussing new releases, like it was always intended.

Nice idea. The only problem I see is that the Submissions section can still be spammed by noobs. (Correct me if I'm wrong, I actually don't know much about how this system works.)

Edit: -snip-

Hmm, this new system is interesting, it will for sure make it easier to browse the realease section and find good material.

Ghost_Zero said:
Nice idea. The only problem I see is that the Submissions section can still be spammed by noobs. (Correct me if I'm wrong, I actually don't know much about how this system works.)

Of course it will get spammed. The normal users won't have to deal with it.

Ghost_Zero said:

With over 20 people moderating it?

SRB2WikiSonicMaster said:
I would have liked to be a Judge, but, oh, well. Did the selection of judges happen on IRC?

No selection ever took place. Mystic just combined the users from two existing usergroups (IRC Operators, Developers) into one.

I may select more judges as needed, but I basically combined the developers and IRC operators groups with the mods and admins to make it.

We'll see how this works out before we determine whether we need more judges.

This idea is epic. Congrats to all involved.

EDIT: SonicMaster didn't update the image. *does so*

How are the creators supposed to influence the decision of their own creations if they can't even replay? I understand that that the purpose of having a Judges usergroup means that random idiots can't but their heads in, but wouldn't we want some input from the creator?

Also, I don't see a Releases - Trash forum.

No, you don't get it. These are to stop WADs that have had NO effort put into them. If the player tried, it will probably still be released. And why are we supposed to see the Releases - Trash? They're just trash!

Examples of what to NOT do. Locked topics get sent to the trash section. but maybe only one or two of each type of release

The trash is hidden because I'd prefer to keep it from being a repository of crappy WADs. The last thing we need is a centralized place for all your recolor needs.

I honestly think Character WADs, even good ones, are pretty pointless for the most part. Why do noobs concentrate their crappy work towards recolors?

P.S. Aren't the judges supposed to have "Judge" by their username?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back