Camera controls for custom demos

Status
Not open for further replies.

glaber

Emblem Radar Ready
Recently I have learned how to record custom demos for my mod, but in playin my newly recorded demos, I found that I'm getting some weird camera angles.

in playback the camera feels disjointed and the player character can be seen from multiple angles instead of the camera following from the back.

When recording, I turn using mouse look opposed to keyboard only like how the demos of old were recorded. is it possible this plays a factor?

Is there currently anything I can do to fix the camera angel issue?

Not sure. I remember playing Record Attack in analog mode with a DualShock 4 controller a little while ago, and the third-person camera was always behind the player (absolutely horrible with my fast joystick turns and such), while the first-person camera always had the third-person analog mode angle (absolutely horrible in first-person)...

this isn't related to record attack, but to the custom demos that play when you sit at the title screen for a while.

Title screen demos intentionally have fixed cameras. If you want to do some scripting to change this, you could do something like:

Code:
local titlemode = false
addHook("MobjThinker", function(mo)
    if mo.player.cmd.buttons & BT_WEAPONMASK == 15 then
        titlemode = true
    elseif leveltime == 0 then
        titlemode = false
    end

if titlemode then
        -- TITLE SCREEN DEMO CODE GOGOGO
    end
end, MT_PLAYER)
And then hex-edit the title screen demo lumps to "press" weapon 15. (Disclaimer: I don't know if the game accounts for this and cuts off those button presses during replays, so this might not even work. I haven't tested the theory myself lol)

Alternatively, make a clone of the map just for the title screen demo and make your scripts run in that map.

no wonder the custom demos come out weird.

Ok so this looks like a LUA script. I think I know how to apply it.

As for hex editing, well it's worth a shot, but I don't have any real experience with adding stuff in, just changing values for renaming models.

this isn't related to record attack, but to the custom demos that play when you sit at the title screen for a while.
I assume Demos are the same things as Demos, and I also assume Title Screen Demos are Demos, plus I assume Record Attack Recordings are also Demos, thus why I mentioned it, however I don't guarantee any of that.

one is record attack play back/ ghost data, the other is attract mode recordings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back