Fixed Modding Issue SRB1 Mode needs to be unlocked in order to use

Status
Not open for further replies.

glaber

Emblem Radar Ready
As the title says, SRB1 needs to be unlocked in order to be able to even test a level that's being made in it.

Both Mario Mode and 1.09.4's SA modes didn't need you to unlock their levels inorder to use their modes, why must SRB1 mode?

Last edited by a moderator:
Because it was easier than marking all of SRB1 Remake's levels as secret, apparently. *cough*

Yeah, I wish I would have communicated how I wanted SRB1 mode to be used to the devs better. I wanted it make it so the modder could use either 2d mode if he or she wished. Having the user unlock the mode to use it defeats the original intent of it.

I think that it might be better to merge the 2 modes with some modifcations so that it will always be better control over the character in 2d. That way the user won't have to choose from A. normal 2d mode B. better 2d mode controls, but you have to unlock srb1 lol

Another big benefit of that would be that the better 2D mode physics would then carry over to the enable/disable 2D mode linedef executors. The only downside I can think of is that the new physics might change how preexisting 2D sections play.

Why not? SRB1 mode has infinitely better physics, and frankly, it makes all the 2D levels I've tried so far with this much better to play.
Just make sure that everything in SRB2 that uses 2D mode still works perfectly.

There might need to be some changes in SRB1 mode so that it wouldn't break custom characters. I remember Senku saying something about Senya that didn't quite work right in SRB1 mode.

If the SRB2 team plans to make more custom character options in the future, then it should accommodate for these future abilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back