Suggestions

What's the point of Scroll Wall According to Linedef (Accelerative) when the player carrying is still static? It doesn't work in conjunction with Scroll Texture By Front Side Offsets, which leads me to believe wall scrollers don't alter texture offsets. Would be useful if they did so you could use them to move wall conveyors and polyobjects acceleratively.

P.S. I want to be able to adjust the sensitivity of Floating, Bobbing platforms. P.P.S. I really want a flag that makes moving platforms impart vertical momentum to the player when jumping as they're rising, like they did back in SRB2JTE (?).

Last edited:
It's like magic!

-_- Yes, I'm aware.

I mean that I'd like a command to avoid the very, very minor annoyance of opening the menu -> quitting the game -> minimizing Chrome and whatever else I've opened since I started playing -> searching for and opening SRB2 on my messy desktop whenever I want to switch WADs

I'm completely aware that's it's very minor, but if it's really simple to implement then I'd appreciate it.

Well, as a reminder, if you use Alt+F4 or the "quit" console command it skips the quit screen for even more efficiency.

I've never quite understood the complaints about how we don't have a remove file command considering how trivial the workaround is.

A method to switch out sprites and other viewable graphics on a player by player basis.

yes please

This would allow for players to make personal changes without forcing other players to download everything they've done. This would be useful if you wanted to set up your own HUD or possibly just switch out graphics for better looking ones, and everyone else could run with their own settings. I'm not sure whether or not this is possible, as the game would have to check to see if any of the new additions change up the game in a physical manner to avoid trying to do something everyone else's game can't.

yes please

This would allow for players to make personal changes without forcing other players to download everything they've done. This would be useful if you wanted to set up your own HUD or possibly just switch out graphics for better looking ones, and everyone else could run with their own settings. I'm not sure whether or not this is possible, as the game would have to check to see if any of the new additions change up the game in a physical manner to avoid trying to do something everyone else's game can't.

I was not talking about clientside only graphical wads: as those could be used for cheating. (scope and hitbox viewing? check... though hitbox can be done through MD2's, so...)

However, what I am suggesting would allow for having enemies and such that change their appearance based upon which player is looking at them (and if said player has any special powers or variables set).

For example, this could allow for creating arrows over your teammates heads, that cannot be seen by the other team, or for allowing slightly... different graphical lumps to be swapped out, like wall textures, which could be used to have players pick seasonal graphics (like the old xmas mode), or if a custom palette is loaded, to swap out the TRANS10-90 lumps with others that would work better with that palette. (or if specific flashpals are loaded, to swap out that way.)

Also to allow for Color Changing MD2's without /everyone/ seeing the texture instead of basic sprites.

I don't know how this would work but let's say if a group of people are playing through a level and halfway through, another person joins. Instead of the new player spawning at the beginning, what if they spawned right near the latest player joined or something on the lines of that?

I don't know how this would work but let's say if a group of people are playing through a level and halfway through, another person joins. Instead of the new player spawning at the beginning, what if they spawned right near the latest player joined or something on the lines of that?

Oh god this. Would it be possible to have newly joining players spawn at the most recently activated starpost?

I don't know if this a suggestion, but I personally think the super forms should be able to glow in dark areas in the next version. Right now, they're blending in the shadows.

srb20001.gif

So: Full Bright Super Forms?

Oh god this. Would it be possible to have newly joining players spawn at the most recently activated starpost?

"Yay we finally made it trhough Egg Rock..."
Player 9001 joined the game (node over 9000)
"And we have to wait him finish the level because the host doesn't know exitlevel :("

Of course that would be cool... if they didn't have to spawn at the very start of the level, it's the same raging scenario when you got consistency pwned and have to restart the level upon rejoining...

You're not using the idea to the best of its ability. What if everyone in the server skips a particular starpost, but then one guy decides to go back and hit the first one when you join? What if the gaps between posts are ridiculously huge? What if there ARE no starposts in a map??

An idea D00D64 came up with in #srb2fun years ago was that dead players would immidietely get the "press F12 to view another player" prompt. Upon pressing respawn, they'd spawn by whoever they were spectating. To make this work for joiners, have them immidietely join the server and get forced into the F12ing state rather than spawn their player object. This all would only work in coop of course.

Upon pressing the respawn button, the game would first check to see if your F12 subject is touching the floor. It'd receive your input but wait on taking you there until its safe to do so; or at least... relatively 'safe'. Not spawning into painful situations like a jackass is really up to the player.

Last edited:
The problem with that is that the player could then simply spectate towards the goal post and spawn right in front of it.

You're not using the idea to the best of its ability. What if everyone in the server skips a particular starpost, but then one guy decides to go back and hit the first one when you join?

Well the way it could possibly determine this is by looking at the angle of the star post. If a star post has an angle of 720 and one goofball decides to go back and hit the previous star post with an angle of 360, the game could look for a star post with the highest angle that's activated to avoid that problem.

SRB2 Wiki said:
In gametypes other than Race, touching a Star Post will activate all previous Star Posts that were not touched, e.g. touching one with an Angle of 1080 will activate the Star Posts with Angles 0, 360 and 720 as well. In Race, the Star Posts must be touched in order to complete a lap.

So yeah, nobody wouldn't be able to hit any previous checkpoint because the game would already have them as activated.

So yeah, nobody wouldn't be able to hit any previous checkpoint because the game would already have them as activated.

I totally looked that over. Then I guess there's no problem with the suggestion. The only problem I think now would be the execution.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back