Master server hack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Computers are really expensive these days.
Ahahahahahahahaha no. They've been getting less and less expensive in recent years.

Really guys, if somebody changes IP addresses, that doesn't mean he changes computers. That usually means he has a dynamic IP address.

So i'm guessing that they can infinitely change their IP address? Man thats like dealing with a mustard stain that won't go away.

So i'm guessing that they can infinitely change their IP address? Man thats like dealing with a mustard stain that won't go away.
Not infinitely. They'll get an IP address they already had every now and then. Also, it's not like dynamic IPs are something unusual. I have one too, for example.

Hmm. Maybe the host should check a specific variable on the EXE which changes when it's changed (I think it'd called Md5sum?) and if it's different, prevent the joiner from connecting.

And hey, even if a hacker joins your server and prevents you from doing anything, if you're still the host (as in, the server's running on your machine) then you can easily close and restart SRB2 (Or even press "End Game") then it'll all be over (temporarily).

But the fact that this thread exists probably means the hacker's goal was met.

You do have a point, whoever is hacking netgames wants attention, and they got it. The real question is, what will they do next? We need to counter this threat!

You do have a point, whoever is hacking netgames wants attention, and they got it.
Exactly! Just ignore him and stop talking, he doesn't deserve any-

The real question is, what will they do next? We need to counter this threat!
You're contradicting yourself. This "hacker" is some idiot who makes fun of your hysterical response, nothing else. He won't really hack a server or something. So quit panicking about it, nothing will happen.

I've been at the recieving end of a hacker attack, and I have got to tell you, it is none to pleasent, what is he capable off? There is a possibility he might be only using a fraction of his abilities. But I agree, we must keep a cool head and think through this, in the mean time watch your step when you join netgames.

---------- Post added at 09:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 AM ----------

You're contradicting yourself. This "hacker" is some idiot who makes fun of your hysterical response.

I agree, hackers are parasitic idiots who have nothing to do but to make others miserable.

---------- Post added at 09:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 AM ----------

I am angry how people are just blowing this off like nothings going to happen.

I am angry how people are just blowing this off like nothings going to happen.

The way I see it, it's just an empty threat. Like what J-town and SpiritCrusher said: ignore it. Whoever it is doing it is just looking for attention, and by god, they got it. Unless you have actual proof of this guy hacking I might believe you. But other than that, I highly doubt any hacking could be done to the MS. Well, unless you are a complete computer whiz and is working for the government, of course.

Personally, I would like to see this "hacker" hi-jack a server on the MS. But I think that the worse they could possibly do is crash that server. Even if there is any hacking on the MS, I'm sure they (as in the admins who monitor the server) would be aware of it by now and has already worked out a way to prevent their server from being hacked or DDoS'd. Again, like I said in my old post:

Pyro Fox Boy said:
Why would anyone want to hack servers to a fan game anyways?

inb4 anyone awnsers: Just for the lulz.

I think the hacker is saying this behind us. "It's already good of me for not crashing your Master Server" like any hacker would say. Why did I say that? My country's online game has a lot of server-crashers, and the target is not only one particular server but one of the master servers (there are about 50).

That's the only reason I never spoiled this game to another Indonesian, to prevent Netbomber. :P

lol you guys really need to stop panicking.

I mean it this guy is joke.

He came to my server and he said I'm going to hack it or something and what happen none thing.

And here the best part I ask him to hack my server for the lolz and he did not do it so I say he a big joke.

He was probably a fake. I think we have somehow established server hacking taking place, but rarely. Meaning people have varied opinions. I've read this entire topic, though, and I think something should be done about this. :3

He was probably a fake. I think we have somehow established server hacking taking place, but rarely. Meaning people have varied opinions. I've read this entire topic, though, and I think something should be done about this. :3
It has happened a couple of times, in 1.09.4 and very early 2.0 builds, however.

Haven't seen any as of 2.0.6 (or 2.0.4 for that matter)

And Ash's troll video makes the rounds again. Amazingly successful troll, he is.

This topic has pretty much run its course, so I'm locking it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back