2011 Winnie the Pooh

Status
Not open for further replies.

LongcrierCat

Down In It
http://jimhillmedia.com/editor_in_c...t-disney-pictures-winnie-the-pooh-reboot.aspx

An in depth look on some of the important people involved.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbFz--GCkOM

The trailer.

Who here is going to go see this instead of Deathly Hallows Part 2? I sure as hell am. You want a charming traditionally animated film? Here's your second chance, Disney/ John Lasseter. And this isn't even regarding the rumour of the next traditionally animated project that's being discussed and should win a whole crowd of people over:

A Discworld movie. Rumour has it that it's going to be based on Mort.

http://blueskydisney.blogspot.com/2010/11/mort-info.html

Discuss.

Last edited:
I've been sharing this on the chatroom a while back. I grew up with Winnie the Pooh, the classics, the direct-to-video movies, and the New Adventures. Something they managed to retain in all of them was that whimsy, childlike humor, but the animated tv series came closer to the old Pooh than the movies.

Owl's voice is very different than before, but it still fits. It didn't take me long to get used to. Having watched a lot of Fawlty Towers lately (and a couple Monty Python sketches on youtube), I'd have to hear him speak with the narrator's voice to picture it. But just think, we have a narrator again!

I'd love to see this in theaters, and I just love that John Lasseter encouraged this. I found out about this movie when I was looking to see if Disney was going to do another traditionally animated movie, and looks like we get one every other year. We have him to thank for that too... I've said this before but I really respect the guy for standing up for traditional animation considering his success has been and continues to be a perfect record of 3D movies.

I'm really looking forward to this, I hope it turns out to be as welcome a surprise as Princess and the Frog.

Ditto. I watched Winnie the Pooh all the time as a little kid, and I haven't thought about it for ages. This is definitely worth a look.

That was a cool trailer. It looks like one of the original specials, by the way that the characters were drawn. Although, Pooh's stomach was a little overanimated when it growled. The frog turning it into the pot was a cool effect.

EDIT: What a coincedence, when I found this thread I was listening to the Whinnie the Pooh theme from Kingdom Hearts.

Last edited:
Bleh, more like, this is the last thing I´d spend my money on. I already went trough my childhood, there´s no reason to go back to it, while Deathly Hallows 2 is a contemporany series with me wich have been interesting to grow up with, plus, it is actually something I can watch with my friends.

This is what I love about this forum. We are children at hearts and most of us are not afraid to admit it. I honestly like Winnie the Pooh more now then I did when I was little. After I had watched the videos and read the books hundreds of times, I saw my little sister doing the same, and, being older, was able to recognize the good writing and witticisms of the whole series. I dunno about that newer Winnie the Pooh, the one where those feminists replaced Christopher Robin with a girl, but I know I'll love the original Winnie the Pooh series to the day I die. No joke.

I guess it all hearkens to the subject of the anime and cartoons thread over in the Colosseum. Can you appreciate the series for the imagination, wit, and art put into it, or does the mere fact that it's aimed towards children prick your pride?

I like how they used Christopher Robin in this movie. Although he had a few modern-ish changes, I'm glad they even used him. Winnie the Pooh has its charms, but that weird detective show on Playhouse Disney lowered the series' self-esteem. Now people make fun of Winnie the Pooh for being a kid's show, like they do with Sonic. But do you know what ticks me off most of all? How they always show the ending of a movie on the first trailer that's showed.

Fun of the series for being directed to kids? Or fun of the people who actually watch it?

Fun of the series for being directed to kids? Or fun of the people who actually watch it?

c) All of the above.

If you even mention Winnie the Pooh nowadays in a public place without making fun of it, everyone thinks you're a complete idiot.

Watching that video made me feel like I was 7 again. Had no idea they were still making more winnie the pooh movies.

c) All of the above.

If you even mention Winnie the Pooh nowadays in a public place without making fun of it, everyone thinks you're a complete idiot.

If they are the ones who think you're the idiot for even being the one who will talk about Pooh without being embarrassed, they are the idiots. Especially if they're the same ones who will praise Michael Bay up and down for Meagan Fox's body being in the Transformers movies.

People don't know how to appreciate thought provoking, charming films like Where the Wild Things Are or deem them frightening for children and encourage people not to see the best films ever made. Thing is, the people have changed, and part of that change is that they don't want to think. They just want to kick whatever's ass even without reason. They want mindless action and stereotypical "hot" women for 2 hours and 30 minutes.

People also don't like children's films because they're too blind not notice that not all children's programming is Wow Wow Wubzy and Dora the Explorer.

Just sending out my regards to those people who don't want to see this for irrational reasons just to look cool.

I think my family's going to go see this movie once it comes out, and I think the only one who'll be bored is my brother. He doesn't show much appeal for a lot of stuff anymore, because he's starting to get into his mid-teens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back