[Open Assets] M_Medivo.wad

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.

glaber

Emblem Radar Ready
Medivo Was a OLDC Match mode entry for the May/June 2007 contest. I made a few revisions to the level and added emerald support. Due to the way the fire damage is dealt with in water FOF's I switched the damage to water. Under 2.0 What does it matter? The Elemental shield covers both fire and water anyway.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?wnqhj2yln2y

Screens:{All screen shots had been deleted due to photobucket's throttling}

This level is free to use in a multiplayer map pack. (the level has returned in Dimension Glaber)

Last edited:
I'm going to want to test this out a bit before confirming, I can't make a call by smply looking at the screenshots. Also, do we have any specific procedures in respect to 1.09.X ports?

Re: M_Medivo

glaber said:
Under 2.0 What does it matter? The Elemental shield covers both fire and water anyway.

Really? I got an elemental shield in RVZ and thinking it would protect me from fire I lost it stepping onto the lava.

Jellybones said:
glaber said:
Under 2.0 What does it matter? The Elemental shield covers both fire and water anyway.

Really? I got an elemental shield in RVZ and thinking it would protect me from fire I lost it stepping onto the lava.
Could it be that you meant that blue shield that's directly in the path? The blue one? If yes, it's a force shield. I thought it was an elemental shield the first time.

Jellybones said:
glaber said:

The elemental shield does protect from fire damage. However, if you fall through the lava onto the bottom floor, it'll hurt regardless due to the fact that the floor below the lava has non-elemental damage.

Is that how the new fire damage works on FOF blocks? If so that's good to know.

You know, you can make fire damage act more like water. Use the BLOCKMONTERS flag to the linedefs that you want it to act like water with fire damage. The reason why you would want to do this is because the multiplayer message will be more suited to a fire water FOF, rather then a generic damage water FOF.

It doesn't work like that exactly. RVZ just has non elemental on the floor. That one Match map (molten inferno?) doesn't, and you can go under lava by using the waterfalls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back