My SRB2 PSP Testing (Spoilers k?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've tried playing every single player map to determine what works and what does not and I'll tell you what I know. This testing was done on a PSP-1001. I had to take pictures with my camera because there doesn't appear to be any screenshot plugins that work with 5.50GEN firmware. Special thanks goes to BluePhoenix for giving me save files.

General Bugs:
Water - Being fully submerged will cause the game to crash requiring a hard reset to be done with the PSP. This bug was also in the 1.09.4 PSP build.

Green Flower Zone 1: Operates fine with exception of the water issue. It's laggy but that's understandable.
frmbuf001.PNG

Green Flower Zone 3: Runs fine.
frmbuf003.PNG

Deep Sea Zone 3: Works until you go in the water, so your doomed...
DSZ3.JPG

Egg Rock Zone 3: Works almost perfectly. The framerate is perfect except for a major slowdown when the center platform is broken because of the large amount of sprites on screen I'm guessing.
frmbuf006.PNG

Mario Koopa Blast Zone 1: Appears to work fine. It's really ugly though.
frmbuf007.PNG

Mario Koopa Blast Zone 2 & 3: Confirmed by PSI Hedgehog Chris to be working.(Thanks!)

No other single player levels will load, they will just crash the console. There is no real reason in testing multiplayer maps.

UPDATE 1: New screenshots for GFZ 1 & 3, ERZ 3, and MKB 1.

*Facepalm*

THE PORTS SECTION + HOMEBREW.

You'd think this would be common info...

Something to note, the entirety of the game is for the most part unplayable. You'll get about 5fps running through GFZ1, with no music and very quiet sound effects.

Akira, for screenshot plugins, check out CWCheat. It is a cheating device, yes, but it has screenshot functionality that can be mapped to any button and saves to ms0:\PSP\PHOTOS.

Furyhunter said:
Something to note, the entirety of the game is for the most part unplayable. You'll get about 5fps running through GFZ1, with no music and very quiet sound effects.
Akira, for screenshot plugins, check out CWCheat. It is a cheating device, yes, but it has screenshot functionality that can be mapped to any button and saves to ms0:\PSP\PHOTOS.

Will it change from playing it from a PSP phat to a PSP slim 3000?

Autosaver said:
Furyhunter said:

The PSP-3000 could possibly make it go a little bit faster, the extra RAM really helps, especially when drawing a lot of sprites on the screen.

I like what I see here. Hopefully one day SRB2 will work fully on the PSP.

I tried out Mario Koopa Blast Zone Acts 2 and 3, and yes, they do indeed work. Pic of Act 3 up soon (it didn't hit me until after I passed Act 2 that I could e-mail pics from my phone <_<")

EDIT: Act 3 (It was dark)
a5jpt4.jpg

EDIT2: This was tested on a PSP-Slim 2001 with 5.00 M33-6, if that helps.

Callum said:
Autosaver said:
Furyhunter said:

The PSP-3000 could possibly make it go a little bit faster, the extra RAM really helps, especially when drawing a lot of sprites on the screen.

I like what I see here. Hopefully one day SRB2 will work fully on the PSP.

Probably when PSP GO comes out.

Nice work, Akira. Are you clocking the PSP at 333mhz, though? That'd obviously give a nice boost to the performance.

Autosaver said:

Except none of us would waste our money on that cheap looking brick.

Nice to see this is back in action, akira, if you can get it running at a decent speed then you are pretty damn awesome.

Well, it runs fine for me with 15-17/20 FPS. Except on that Time Attack screen--there's 0/20 FPS. Other than that after you have finished some levels, they'll crash. Oh and maybe I'll post some screenies, too--with CWcheat. :P
Also, shame that there's no music. :(

Wow, this is nice.

I need to try this build if anyone has it.

EDIT: Found it

Cue said:
Autosaver said:

Except none of us would waste our money on that cheap looking brick.

Nice to see this is back in action, akira, if you can get it running at a decent speed then you are pretty damn awesome.

I don't really get it. How can a PSP stand a game like final fantasy:Crisis core but can't stand a 10 year old game? O_o

Oh, is this SRB2 2.0.2?

I'll be uploading some good screenshots soon and I updated the first post to add PSI Hedgehog Chris's confirmation of MKB 2 & 3 workng.

Autosaver said:
Some. Minimal at best.

If someone can compile it with PSPGL and force -opengl on boot, it is certainly possible that the hardware renderer will work (with 2.0.2). I might look in to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back