What was your FIRST Sonic game?

Sonic 2 for Genesis on both. I played it at a friend's house and my parents bought a Genesis for me for Christmas, and Sonic 2 was the pack-in game at the time.

First played Sonic 1 at a Genesis kiosk in Toys 'R Us (autoreset prevented me from going past Marble Zone). Didn't play through a game until Knuckles' Chaotix. One of these could be my first, but I was still introduced to Sonic in 1991.

My brother had a Sega Genesis that came with Sonic 2, he bought Sonic 1, and I would have a controller in my hand and I thought I was playing the game. I didn't know any better when I was so little.

I am not really sure of my FIRST, but I remember on christmas2004 I played sonic adventure 2 BATTLE at my families house when I was 10 and thought it was THE best, I later bought a gamecube in 2006 with mario party 7 (pack in) microphone (pack in) 2 controllers (pack in) and sonic adventure 2 battle and sonic heroes, both with the greatest hits label, sonic fan man since. (Also, I had an aosth tape, and a guide for sonic adventure for the dreamcast when I was 5, still have that tape, can't find that guide.) LOL

First played and owned: Sonic CD (for PC). After all these years, I still think it's a great game.

The first Sonic game I've played/owned was SADX for PC, which I still think was a great game, even though I don't play it anymore. I'd heard of Sonic quite a bit before that, from things such as a Sonic Heroes ad on the back of a Beano comic, but I was more interested in things like Pokemon at the time. I've earned almost every emblem in that game since I first played it (all except a few for the chao race emblems), and I've already completed most of the missions in mission mode.

I really enjoyed looking after Chao in SADX... I still remember when I was rushing in and out of levels as Sonic just to collect the animals and rings I wanted for my precious Chao, and when I was doing everything I could to stop my Chao dying instead of recarnating if it appeared that they were starting to die. =)

My favourite thing to do in SADX was to hit any Speed-up container I could find, whilst playing as Sonic, and run as fast I could with him. I've always liked how he runs in SADX.

First Played: Sonic The Hedgehog 2 (Genesis). Somewhere around 1997.
First Owned: Sonic 3 & Knuckles. 4/14/1999. (Parents bought both games together. It took me about 3 days after I got them to figure out it goes together.)

First Played:Sonic The Hedgehog 2 (Genesis)
First Owned:Sonic The Hedgehog 2 (Genesis)
I got these games since I was like 3 or 4
Loved Sonic since

Wow, honestly my first sonic game was Sonic 3 back when I was 10 years old. I Still remember my trouble at Hydro city :p

The first sonic game i played was the origanal on the megadrive when i was 1 or 2, cant remember (Annd by play i mean whine untill my dad gives me the contoler so i can run into death pits)
The first one i completed was sonic 1 MD when i was 4 after i learnt running into death pits was a bad idea.

I should also mention I don't own any Sonic games. I just mooch off my loving siblings.

My first Sonic game was Sonic Heroes on PS2. But then I found out emulation and started playing the original trio including some MS and GG games. And after that I went ahead and downloaded a bunch of hacks like Sonic 1 Megamix.

Yes; Sonic 1 Megamix is pure awesome.

My first Sonic game was Sonic the Hedgehog on the Genesis; it was the one that said "NOT FOR RESALE" on the face of it. I played it with my older brother a lot before we finally got the best of them all, Sonic 2.

I'm sure we've all played Sonic, knowing of SRB2, so what was your first time realizing the blue blur existed?

Mine was this. :3
sonicbathbubbles.jpg

I doubt I still have it, but it was a bath toy. You pressed the black buttons to push little colored rings into the air/water and try to get them on little spikes.

My first video game was Sonic 1 on Mega Collection though. :3

You guys?

Hahaha, brings back memories, i forgot i use to have that. :)
My first sonic game was sonic 2 for sega genesis.

Last edited:
First played: Sonic 3D Blast (PC)
First owned: Sonic Advance

Due to how mediocre 3D Blast was (to me, anyway) Sonic never took off in my life when I was around that young age, especially with me being a big fan of Nintendo at the time. It was only till a few years later did I finally get hooked to the series when my cousins allowed me to borrow their barely-touched copy of Sonic Advance.

Good thing they never ended up caring for the game that much, because it's been many a year and I still have yet to return it. :)

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back