What community did you become a member on for the first time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest, This message board was the first community I ever joined, which explains my timely first ever ban and locked topic.

I got better of course. =P

Um, Toontown, and neopets. Social Networking: Youtube, if if counts and Myspace. My first forum was this one, but no one is ever here, so I switched to the SEGA fourms.

Billy's Sonic Board, waaay back when. Also sorta moved to Infinity Mugen Team's forum by referral of my friend Phinsfan, or PZT. (He's part of the Brawl hacking team Stack Smash.)

I frequented games online, especially popcap, wonka, looney tunes, lego, and hot wheels (the latter almost had a community, but I later found out it was just AI). I was not allowed to play games online with strangers, only family. Neither was I allowed to partake in forums until in my mid teens when I joined Junior General's community.

In the meantime, I'd somehow found SRB2 back during the end of 1.09.3 and began frequenting the forums to find addons. I later began lurking regularly, but secretly. The language and conduct convinced me not to join and to hide it from my parents. I made a terrible texture mod which blatantly ripped off others' textures and random images on google, while at the same time merging all my favorite levels together. I played this with my family.

I eventually got involved in game modification, specifically for a Lord of the Rings themed RTS named "Battle for Middle-earth 2" and got involved in The 3rd Age and several splinter communities. After a few years I came back to SRB2, I joined as a member but generally kept to Jazz's subcommunity until the ACZ texture design contest brought me on board.

And that is how Equestria was made!

Actually I was first in the HABBO community, but after a few months, I quit. It was just not my style.

Then I just fell head first into this forum... as a non-member. Like JEV, I was hesitating to enter it, but rather because I kinda didn't know any English. (although I 'magically' learned it as a little kiddo but later forgot it.)

After 2 great years of membership I went down the lone path in search of more skill. It wasn't long after that a Lucky 777 hit me on the head and got a copy of the Orange Box. Thus I joined the "Hat"rush known as Team Fortress 2.

Most unfortunately my PC was to the point that it couldn't run TF2 after a year of weapon glory and PC formats. As such I had no choice but to come back into SRB2 again.

However, after 3 or so months, I found something that could satisfy my FPS pleasures without killing my PC time and time again: Gang Garrison 2. I then shortly joined its not-so-serious community and forums.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back