New 2D Sonic game "Sonic the Hedgehog 4" announced for 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it probably be a total pass but the dashboard may need a little work and in my nintendo power magazine, it says that sonic the hedghog 4 is out for wii download and xbox360 download.

ACT 1: 2 mins. and 16 seconds in.

WHAT THE HELL DID I TELL YOU?!

You had to use the homing attack in order to move across a bottomless pit.

ADMIT IT! I WAS RIGHT! The function they wanted to throw in was homing across a bottomless pit. I CALLED IT, but you ignore me as some nitpicking classic fanboy.

Act 2:

Still holding right to win... The cogs you operate are practically useless..... Gleugh.

Act 3:

Same stuff..... Sam---- Holy... Are those Emer....? SUPER SONIC? In regular levels?! Huh..... That was a cheap thrill...... Level was still way too easy to beat.

Boss Battle:

Huh... Well, chasing after him... Too much like Advance 2. Well. I see what they did there. Some of the balloons over inflating were something of a surprise.

Special Stage:

WAIT. Where are the Goal Traps? That's it? The big bad problem is TIME? Wow. Talk about lame and challenge-less.

Well... Do we get to see the E.G.G. Base soon? I want confirmation on whether I will like SOMETHING out of this besides some of the level aesthetics and some enemy animation.

Yes, provided they don't include stupid crap like Big again.
I agree because really the first adventure would have been much better without big for three reasons. 1) he really didn't affect the story much and things would've been fine without him. 2) he's a fat retarded cat who can't even think straight most of the time. 3) his best friend is a frog.

ADMIT IT! I WAS RIGHT! The function they wanted to throw in was homing across a bottomless pit. I CALLED IT, but you ignore me as some nitpicking classic fanboy.
Well, maybe it's because one homing-over-deathpit section does not suddenly break the whole game? You can think what you want about the rest of the game, but the existence of this small section certainly doesn't make Sonic 4 a bad game.

Remind us when we denied this, and why it's a big deal.

Remind us when we denied this, and why it's a big deal.

Why is it a big deal? Well, maybe you weren't denying it, but it's certainly worrying to me. Pits have plagued the Sonic franchise ever since Adventure 2 and have always spread their cheap difficulty throughout the games since. In the classics, there were spike pits, and while you could escape them, it's still a difficulty thing about them.

Yes, I am aware of bottomless pits in the classic games, but they weren't THAT bad. And they did provide some difficulty then. But homing over a pit? You can't help but say that's unfair. ESPECIALLY with a Slicer at the end of the chain.

Oh, and by the way....

14wacxy.png

Hey look at me! I'm SPIDER HOG! I can walk on walls! Look at me go!

Ok, ONE place it had it and the guy passed it the second time without the homing attack.
Second we say that because you ARE acting like "some nitpicking classic fanboy", and guess what you are STILL nitpicking and whining like it is the end of the world without So&so or that it has This&That.

WAIT. Where are the Goal Traps? That's it? The big bad problem is TIME?
Maybe you missed them, We didn't get to see all of the SS you know. Plus I saw a small glimpse of a "!" in a circle near the end of the emerald stage. So maybe that was it. Plus it IS the first stage! Like in SRB2 the only thing that you have to worry about is time for the first Special Stage.

Wow. Talk about lame and challenge-less.
Again, first Special stage! It like complaining GFZ1 is too easy and needs to be harder.

But homing over a pit? You can't help but say that's unfair.
How is this unfair per say?

Last edited:

Can you bring up a point that matters?
Homing Attack is used in the game. So what? And, considering that you've incessantly bitched when there's something not from the classics, you do seem like the "nitpicking classic fanboy" you're denying.

Still holding right to win... The cogs you operate are practically useless..... Gleugh.
You don't seem to notice the fact that he's jumping with them, and not "holding right to win".

Same stuff..... Sam---- Holy... Are those Emer....? SUPER SONIC? In regular levels?! Huh..... That was a cheap thrill...... Level was still way too easy to beat.
Weren't you the one wanting Super Sonic?

Huh... Well, chasing after him... Too much like Advance 2. Well. I see what they did there. Some of the balloons over inflating were something of a surprise.
Unoriginality is the worst thing ever, right?

Special Stage:
WAIT. Where are the Goal Traps? That's it? The big bad problem is TIME? Wow. Talk about lame and challenge-less.
There's Goal traps later on, and I saw some in that video. It might seem like a strange idea to you, but it's the first special stage, where it's meant to not be overly difficult.
And, considering that the player won't recognize the stage, they won't exactly be able to perfectly clear it.

Well... Do we get to see the E.G.G. Base soon? I want confirmation on whether I will like SOMETHING out of this besides some of the level aesthetics and some enemy animation.
You'd get something if you'd stop bitching over small little details, especially when you haven't played the game.

This game surprises me. It didn't interest me at first, but it seems to actually be a good game. I might get it when it's released.

That was one use of the homing attack, not the only use.

Yes, I am aware of bottomless pits in the classic games, but they weren't THAT bad. And they did provide some difficulty then. But homing over a pit? You can't help but say that's unfair. ESPECIALLY with a Slicer at the end of the chain.

I don't see how that's unfair. You have a new ability in order to overcome this. I wish it was more difficult because it actually looks quite easy.

Of course it'd be easy to beat. Super sonic made every stage too easy to beat.

Boss Battle:

Huh... Well, chasing after him... Too much like Advance 2.
Or Sonic & Knuckles Boss 1/final boss...

Special Stage:

Here they are. Sonic 1 first emerald stage was about this much challenge to be honest.
Goals.png

Last edited:
[image]
Hey look at me! I'm SPIDER HOG! I can walk on walls! Look at me go!
Yes, also note the fact that he couldn't go UP like that, and had to fall back down to proceed.

While it's indeed silly, it happens. I'm pretty sure things like that happened in ye olde classic games every now and again too.

Honestly, I don't really give a **** at all.
I don't see what's the big deal of homing over 1 pit used just once (that's it ONCE) in the entire whole game.

But homing over a pit? You can't help but say that's unfair.

How the hell is that unfair? If you fall, that's your own problem. No need to rage over something that you can get over in like 2 seconds.

*looks at name, then looks at above post*...lol I got it...

hmm...The game keeps getting notoriously leaked, but just a question, are ALL the leaks from that one person who made the first leak? oh and the only problem I see is that Sonic seems floaty, and thats it, everything else is pretty decent...

Anyone else notice that Mad gear act 3's video is more blurry then the others?

EDIT: and WOOT 50th page!

Yea, Not sure why...not like it makes any thing really different, and wow...50 pages. pretty stunning, who here thinks by the time it's released the thread would have 75 pages?

I don't like what I see, but I won't bother explaining, considering half the people here will defend it up and down no matter what it includes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back