Status
Not open for further replies.

Pogofenn

Pogo
2014-07-24-580-WorldEight-Four.png

The BitF comic is ending as stated in comic 580

From the website:Friday, July 25 — 12:00 AM

Dear readers of Brawl in the Family…

Thank you so much for your support and involvement over all this time. Writing and drawing BitF over the past six-and-a-half years (!!) has been a heck of a great experience, but it’s with a bittersweet feeling in the pit of my gut that I’m making this announcement today. Brawl in the Family will be ending later this year. Today’s strip is not the last comic, though! We’ll still be updating for a couple more months!

I’ve loved making this comic, but I feel like the time is right to wrap it all up. Today’s strip isn’t the end, but like the title implies, we’re in the final stretch at this point.

(Sheesh, you try to plan for this day but then it comes and you don’t know what to say…)

So, uh, sorry if I’m making a bunch of ya sad out there. But hey, now the people who like to flame the comic on message boards out there can have a party knowing it’s ending! YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE.

The finish line is in sight, but we’re still adding new strips on Tuesdays and Fridays, so keep checking back! And if you want more information, feel free to check out this thread on the forum.

-By Matthew

It's not ending there, there is probably going to be a lot more comics until it ends this year. and just when i started reading it. WitF ended earlier this year, so I wasn't as surprised as I would've been if WitF didn't end. So that's the announcement, I know, it's sad, Waluigi time is truly over.

The upshot is that my OCD will no longer be triggered by people who post the comic and not the second punchline in the alt text. Much like you just did.

That alt being:
I think I'll go join Kirby with the Kleenex...*sniff*

Eh, I'm not complaining. The comic had a charm to it, sure, but it's just really unimpressive in every aspect.

Last edited:
I really liked it a lot. The art wasn't so impressive, but the writing could get pretty good, and that and the production values shot through the roof whenever there was a milestone or holiday strip.

That said, I can see how doing a comic like this on a regular schedule can be draining, and I'm sure other opportunities and developments have entered Matt's life over the course of the beast. It was a fun ride while it lasted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back