How do you make a sliding door???

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikey6018

Also *Dragoon*The*Dragon*
Hi, I need help making a sliding door I want it to open once I step in a specific sector how do i do that???? but even if i try putting the line Def it still wont work how do you make one I have checked the wiki but no luck :(

Last edited:
Well, if you want to make a horizontally sliding door, you'd have to use a PolyObject, and a special linedef executor. Look at the Wiki again, focusing on PolyObject tutorials.

Vertically sliding doors are much, much easier; you just have to have a Change Floor Height or Change Ceiling Height Linedef Executor. I'd recommend you do that instead.

I looked in CEZ1 and you have to use PolyObjects and lots of control sectors that I don't really know what they mean. If you want to explore the map more, fine with me.

Dang. fawfulfan beat me to it...

the wiki tutorials got confusing i got some of what i needed but i still don't understand the zoom tubes some of what the wiki told me was understandable but i still need help on the sliding door and the zoom tube ( i figured out how to make gravity switch and a raising platform though. )

There are sample wads for both polyobjects and zoom tubes on the wiki. Try to download these and see how they work if you don't understand the tutorials.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back