Nojumpspin but with the ability to spin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure this has been mentioned before, multiple times, but I'll bring it up again because I want to get my point accross. The character system's strictness in design is totally understandable, alot of SRB2's character wads were a bit overpowered in 1.09.4 but I have a issue regarding ability2's functioning.

If you choose ability2 = 1, you're forced to remove the spin if you only wanted to make your character have a nojumpspin. Plus, you're also forced to use multiability (which doesn't even apply to all abilities anymore) whether you intended to or not. So you can't have a character using a jump->fall animation that can spin. Maybe not everyone is going to want to curl up into a ball (or spin like a top in Espio's case) whenever they jump.

The solution would be to remove the nojumpspin part from "ability2 = 1" and make a new value "ability2 = 2" which would allow nojumpspin and being able to spin, without multiability being forced on characters.

Okay, I got my point accross, what do you people think of my reasoning?

Also, we could bring the old skin system back? I like the old skin system because it let SRB2 be more customizable yet overpowering (Which is why I think the developers took it out).

Off topic...

I prefer that ringslingeritem should be brought back but not ringslinger for just the fun of customizing.

The reason it's like that is because of an accidental overlook. Supposidly, that shall be fixed in 2.05.

And Speedgod, no, the old system was super abusable, and so is ringslingitem. Thank characters like SMS and Sonic Overdrive for that.

I do wish you could change the sprites and SFX of the red ring per-char, but ah well...

The reason it's like that is because of an accidental overlook. Supposidly, that shall be fixed in 2.05.
Oh really! Yay!
And Speedgod, no, the old system was super abusable, and so is ringslingitem. Thank characters like SMS and Sonic Overdrive for that.
Oh yea, I forgot about that.....
Wait, what is sonic overdrive???
I do wish you could change the sprites and SFX of the red ring per-char, but ah well...
He-he, that's what I actually meant in my first comment. =P

Last edited:

If youre referring to smsunleashed, I say this...
DON'T YOU THINK THAT BOOST WAS JUST FOR FUN, OR FOR PEOPLE THAT WANTED TO ACTUALLY GO VERY FAST?!
If you were refering to PAST sms', then I kinda agree.
As for sonic overdrive, I TRULY agree.
Edit: and the shield switch, DON'T YOU THINK THAT SHIELD TOGGLE WAS JUST FOR AWSOMENESS OR FOR FIGURING OUT COMBINATIONS FOR SHIELD USE(get a shield, use its ability then get another one Example: Grab an Armaggedon Shield, use its ability,
Get a Fire Shield and roll around opponent FAST. Note: This is a Combination for Match but this depends on your luck *wink*)

Last edited:
JUST FOR AWSOMENESS OR FOR FIGURING OUT COMBINATIONS FOR SHIELD USE(get a shield, use its ability then get another one Example: Grab an Armaggedon Shield, use its ability,
Get a Fire Shield and roll around opponent FAST. Note: This is a Combination for Match but this depends on your luck *wink*)
It may seem fun but it's actually very cheap and overpowering. In my view, I think SMS and SO are just too overpowered.

Well im just stating possible uses and reasons for the Overpowered abilities, but i see where you're going.(and at least you read the whole combination thing)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back