Pangya - Anime style MMO Golf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonict

This is an MMO game, but it is an interesting one since it involves golf. Unlike other golf games that sound really boring and dull, this one is different from them in a few ways:

1) Anime style graphics
2) Interesting characters, caddies, courses and clothing
3) You can do special shots like the "tomahawk" and do powerspins or curves

There are many other features, but I can't explain them all here.

There has even been a release of this game on the Wii, but it didn't fair very well.

More information can be found here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PangYa

We do have an irc channel set up on espernet at #srb2pangya . It would be nice to have more people to play with. Right now, we have around 6 or so with a few more coming.

The main website for the US version is here: http://pangya.ntreev.net/

Download page is here: http://pangya.ntreev.net/Download/GameClient.aspx <-- Client size is 555MB

The main link on there uses a "Pangya Torrent" client which either works well or doesn't work for anyone. (It worked fine for me)

There are alternate download links on there.

When you make your account, you will make an account name and an ingame name. the ingame name is what we will see and if your ingame name is the same as the account name, it won't accept it.

Here is another thing that was interesting. Back in Summer 2006, Mystic used to play this game before he decided to reactivate his World of Warcraft account.

Either way, I hope to see you guys on the green and in the irc channel since it is the best spot to get a game going.

So, Discuss!

Sounds interesting, whilst golf is possibly one of the sport/hobbies I think only an idiot would play, this sounds semi-interesting, yet only because I'm throughly interested in anime. I think I'll try this......

Mmmm. Whenever I'm on Nicovideo, I see adds for this. The VOCALOID characters are in it. Miku, Rin, Len, Luka, Kaito and Meiko. Haven't played it though. XP

VOCALOID? Are you sure you have the right game? I kinda doubt it...

Basicly, this game can be summed up by the fact that it is like Mario Golf because of the graphic style and the stuff that you can do. That is where any similarity ends though. I doubt Mario Golf had any impact on this game.

Here.
07995_002.jpg

cecimeiko.jpg

kazkaito.jpg

88ea1e540c.jpg

mikusnapshots2.jpg

Takoluka's even in it. I'm wondering if this is a Jp only version or something though...

EDIT: Video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ar3d-cm-dg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeZXZLnHaXA
Oh wow. It's so happy and great! I NEED to play this!

Yeah. I assume that is a JP only thing or something. Either way, the game is fun so that is what matters to me.

I think that may have been an event, or back in another Season of it, or as Sonict said, Japanese/Korean only.

Why has Pangya resurged all of a sudden? This was big in, uh, 2006...our summer fads deserve something better than a repeat :(

I don't see the issue with MMO golf. Please explain why you feel it instantly sucks because of it. Single player mode of this game would be dull as it is.

Spazzo said:
Why has Pangya resurged all of a sudden? This was big in, uh, 2006...our summer fads deserve something better than a repeat :(

This isn't a fad no more than TM or TF2 was. Plus, that was 2006 when we didn't have so many people. The only reason is was a "big" fad back then was because of "Mystic" playing the game. Woop-de-friken do. This is now and the game is loads better than what it was in 2006. For example, new characters, items, courses, new game modes, etc...

Also back in 2006, Pangya was hosted by OG planet. Sure, there were less hackers back then, but really no support. When word came out that Ntreev was making a USA version of Pangya, while the OGP version(titled Albatross 18) folded, it spurted back up into our minds. Currently we are on Season 4, which is a damn improvement vs. OGP's version. Season 4 brings Lucia, a new course, the ability to make special shots regardless of if you got a pangya, a revamped tutorial, and treasure hunts. If you have a Ntreev account and at least made a character on Pangya before Season 3, You can get Lucia for free. She has higher accuracy than Nuri or Hana(Starter characters), but has lower curve/spin.

bob_the_flying_monkey said:
The pangya downloader.exe keeps crashing.

Restart the downloader, it will start to where it left off.

I dunno. I have Pangya on the Wii (Super Swing Golf), and the biggest highlight is that you can be incredibly bad at golf around your friends. The characters look kinda stupid anyhow.

BlueZero4 said:
I dunno. I have Pangya on the Wii (Super Swing Golf), and the biggest highlight is that you can be incredibly bad at golf around your friends. The characters look kinda stupid anyhow.

That game isn't really a good representation of it anyways. Trust me, everyone fails at it and it is funny as hell. We have some awesome failures. I don't know why you feel like you have to be perfect at everything. If everyone was, every game would be dull and boring.

Want to explain why the characters are stupid? Looks aren't everything anyways. All characters have their strengths and weaknesses.

Compare Hatsune Miku and Lucia. There's the biggest similarity ever. A good example to the stupid looks and Vocaloid rip offs.

Sonict said:
Want to explain why the characters are stupid? Looks aren't everything anyways. All characters have their strengths and weaknesses.
Mostly it's that the custom clothing things isn't used well. One or two characters only have clothing which is supposed to be sexy. The old guy is mostly army-ish stuff along side normal stupid clothing. With stereotypes pervading the character roster, it's a real headache to find anything that I actually like playing as.

Oh you meant stats right sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back