• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Hinote's Blaze the Cat Character WAD WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alice

Developer
Sonic Team Junior
Progress = 40%

So looking into Dr.Pepper's Blaze the Cat, I was a little disappointed on how it looked (as you see Blaze is one of my favorites; what.. She's a cat on fire.) and so I thought of maybe doing a new Blaze the Cat for 2.0 with the right color scheme.

I've just started, so there isn't a lot yet.

Here's the WIP stuff.. Pictures..
wip4.png

That monitor box and a closer look into what it looks in game.
srb20070.png

If you're interested to see what is currently in it, here is a very early beta download: http://www.sendspace.com/file/6tq1kj

As far as ability goes, I don't know what I should do yet.
If anyone knows or has a better Blaze jump sound, please share if you like! Kind of having trouble finding one.

Last edited:
These sprites look way more detailed, and they look much more clean too, the lettering is nice too :P I have high hopes for this Blaze wad, very high hopes for this wad, this is honestly an improvement! I'm thrilled to see this really, and the sprites are atuall really pretty! You really will feel like a fiery princess when you piuck up this wad, so graceful!

IMO, this is already looking better than the other Blaze WAD.

And, for the sake of comparison:
xsrb0034.png
xsrb0033.png

Hope to see this finished soon.

I really like the look of the sprites, they look much more like the Blaze from the games than Dr. Pepper's WAD. For Blaze's ability, I would have her do a sort of fire-charged twirl maneuver in the air, maybe a custom ability with an object that spins her around, or a slow fall similar to the original Blaze.wad.

One small complaint, her pony tail hair thing should appear more tilted in the back sprite. Right now it's the same as the front, which doesn't make sense.
Other than that I love it!

Last edited:
One small complaint, her pony tail hair thing should appear more tilted in the back sprite. Right now it's the same as the front, which doesn't make sense.
Other than that I love it!

Hey I did notice that too just now. It's been fixed :D
Thanks!

Yay a new Blaze that so going to be worth playing with.

I so far loving the color that you pick for her. Maybe add a cool bored sprite that makes some sort of cool flame move when she bored. Oh and try not to make it like the other Blaze where she just holds the fire and looks at it.

I just cant wait to see this done since I'm a huge fan of Blaze The Cat.

Blaze was fried by Tails's fire trail.
<Tails> fire
<~Blaze> HOW?
<Tails> :D

One of the fun things that just happened in a game with me and Hinote.. XD

I dunno, while I like the coloring, I'm not sure about the shading style. Doesent really seem like it'd fit with other SRB2 character sprites.

I also can't shake the feel that her body was stretched upwards a few pixels. especially her head.

Last edited:
The boots in the front-facing sprite look really strange. Plus she seems to get shorter each sprite. Other than that, the WIP so far looks great.

I dunno, while I like the coloring, I'm not sure about the shading style. Doesent really seem like it'd fit with other SRB2 character sprites.

The shading does fit the character in my honest opinion, and its much more detailed than Dr. Pepper's as well. If you've seen SH-Sonic, you can know that not all characters have to be SRB2 style; everyone can have their own style. I do agree that the colouring is fitting, it's easy to tell which Blaze is on which team in CTF now.

I also can't shake the feel that her body was stretched upwards a few pixels. especially her head.

Blaze actually looks more aspect correct, I honestly don't see anything wrong with her body.

The boots in the front-facing sprite look really strange. Plus she seems to get shorter each sprite. Other than that, the WIP so far looks great.

Blaze has high-heels, so that's why her shoes may look angled.. because they actually are. :P

But anyway, these are opinions of mine, no need to take them too seriously.

The shading does fit the character in my honest opinion, and its much more detailed than Dr. Pepper's as well. If you've seen SH-Sonic, you can know that not all characters have to be SRB2 style; everyone can have their own style.

I feel characters should remain consistent and that SH-Sonic is absolute shit. You CAN have everyone have their own style, but why would you want to? It just makes the art style of the game inconsistent. It's like trying to stick a jigsaw piece into the wrong spot in a completely different puzzle. It just doesn't fit.

Ok, something else that bugs me, in the back frame you have the shoes faceing straight forward like "ll", but the front frame has the toes at an angle like "/\".

Don't take all our critisizm the wrong way, this Blaze is GREAT.

Ok, something else that bugs me, in the back frame you have the shoes faceing straight forward like "ll", but the front frame has the toes at an angle like "/\".

Don't take all our critisizm the wrong way, this Blaze is GREAT.

That I have noticed and already fixed :) Not going to show any more screens till I've done more, but I am currently working on Blaze.

Thank you though!

Yeah, because it takes 3 days to finish a character wad.

No now, REALLY? i cant expect less from a guy calling himself "god"...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back