• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

KIMOKAWAIII Is My Origin, KIMOKAWAIII Always Waits And Is Intensely Interested

One more update for Soniguri. The music has been updated, and I've also fixed players joining mid-fight not hearing the music.

Attachments

• VsSoniguri.zip
    6.2 MB · Views: 262
Ah, looks as if the polish phase is done! It's now time to see who won awards. Our nominees for the Deton award are--

WHOOOOOOOOSH!!

The universes have been merged.

--nominees for the Sneaker award are-- ah?! Huh, I felt like I lost my train of thought... Anyway, the award winners for KIMOKAWAIII are as follows! The Sneaker & Deton awards, for levels that show a good understanding of gameplay are...

RdpntxD.png

Pure Rock Zone, by Goldenhog
This is definitely not a map for everyone, and the initial version had checkpoint issues, but the final result is a gauntlet of challenges that remain brutal but fair.

RdpntxD.png

Diamond Valley Zone, by Badz
Incredibly tight design, and features a custom Pointy-style enemy that makes it stand out.

RdpntxD.png

The Zone, by Boinciel
A really simple and fun romp. Easy going difficulty, but lots of tricks and traps, and very nice usage of horizontal springs.

esQqeFp.png

Pointy Egg, by Badz
Badz rakes in the other gameplay award with his sequel to Diamond Valley. A chaotic and fun time with its tornado-like attacks.​

Next up, the winners of the Sparkle & Commander awards. These levels came out on top in the visuals department!

bQtaJeY.png

Cosmic Valley Zone, by davee0
Custom textures all lend to a unique atmosphere, making this level stand out. The usage of blue lighting make it shine more, and the skybox is very animated and gorgeous.

bQtaJeY.png

Nova Shore Zone, by DrTapeworm
The usage of a custom palette to give off a unique vibe instantly propels this level to one of the more unique looking ones, but if that wasn't enough to sell you, then the fantastic repurposing of Asset Pack textures and the array of custom badniks will.

bQtaJeY.png

Scarlet Palace, by .Jazz.
This level maintains a strict color palette throughout, and this results in a map that looks breathtaking when compared to other levels. Even little touches such as remapped textures and enemies to fit this theme go a very long way.

lceHR23.png

Doomsday Disaster Zone, by Lat'
Lat' shows his talent for making custom special effects for this boss, and the impressive scrolling special-stage like skybox create a Doomsday-style fight that leaves an impact.​

Last, but certainly not least, give it up for the Emerald & Robo-Hood award winners! These maps have creative ideas, unique attributes, or are just plain interesting, and they don't follow expectations.

wFlY0q0.png

Green Hill Zone, by LJSonic
Don't be fooled by the name, this map actually pushes creative boundaries and is a huge impressive technical feat. Try it for yourself if you aren't so sure!

wFlY0q0.png

Cutout Warehouse Zone, by toaster & fickle
While the gameplay is fairly standard, this map hides a huge technical achievement: the whole map was constructed out of 4 sectors! It's insane how much you can do with so little.

wFlY0q0.png

Mr. Triangle The Pizza Delivery Guy Mania 1.5, by Root & Yacker
An entirely new game made in SRB2's Lua! This is one of the most interesting things done in this engine. It's incredibly in-depth, too, being 3 levels and a boss battle at the end. Very impressive!

M38dDWN.png

BoBo the Bouncy Boi, by TrustyGun
A really cute little boss fight, featuring a smiling white blob named BoBo. We may never know why BoBo is fighting Sonic and company, but we do know that this entry is incredibly silly and unexpected.​

But don't worry about it too hard if you didn't win anything! Me and the rest of the hosts found that it ended up being extremely difficult to decide on winners, with a final map count of about 50 maps with tons of great qualities between them all. Regardless, all of your entries will be a contribution toward one of the biggest SRB2 mods yet! Hope to see you again in Releases sometime, with the finished third entry in this trilogy!

Last edited:
I kept going back and forth on it after seeing the turnout on bosses. I am really happy with what I got for bosses, but 1 dupe for each award would mean over half of them got something, which unfortunately felt unfair to the KAWAIII segment getting 9/40(ish), and it kind of defeated the point. I apologize for being unable to live up to that promise.

Last edited:
I kept going back and forth on it after seeing the turnout on bosses. I am really happy with what I got for bosses, but 1 dupe for each award would mean over half of them got something, which unfortunately felt unfair to the KAWAIII segment getting 9/40(ish), and it kind of defeated the point. I apologize for being unable to live up to that promise.

That's understandable, and I appreciate your apology. Congratulations to the winners.

So...much....Teleportation, and Parallel universes! just passing by to say Congratulations for the winners! time to try those bosses :)

Gotta get making!

---------- Post added at 08:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 PM ----------

Can we still make maps?

sorry, but the submission period is long past. that said, you can still make a map an release it on its own.

Is this going to be finished? Because it feels like it's going the 2.1.X route. (Or maybe I am just too lazy to update. :v)

Almost forgot this thing exists, It's been nearly a year, which one will come first? 2.2 or this? :thinking:

It's being worked on, but the content's been a bit slow at the moment because of several hosts' real life priorities. It'll be finished when we're ready to finish it! (Which I highly doubt will take longer than 2.2. :P)

It's being worked on, but the content's been a bit slow at the moment because of several hosts' real life priorities. It'll be finished when we're ready to finish it! (Which I highly doubt will take longer than 2.2. :P)

Well that's because 2.2 Will be releasing when we all die. (lol)

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back