• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Roach's endless sprite parade

Hey I wanted to ask you MotorRoach, are you going to replace the srb2dd.exe icon? Also, could you reveal the new abilities for Sonic? I know there's a boost kinda-thing but I would love to see something more.
Also, cool End Post.

What more does he need? It's not like we were expecting any new abilities to begin with, right? The boost is a smart addition that addresses a longstanding issue (unseemly button mashing for speed), potentially adding some depth without unbalancing the game. Anything more is overkill.

I really dig the gameplay modifications we've been shown so far. It's always bothered me that Sonic has been centralized around his thok, and this looks like a good rebalance.

See, here's what I'm wondering: Does Sonic have any sort of air ability at all now? Double Jump, maybe? Or is it all reliant on running really fast?

See, here's what I'm wondering: Does Sonic have any sort of air ability at all now? Double Jump, maybe? Or is it all reliant on running really fast?

I'm pretty sure Thok is still there, I think that it has a delay between uses now. It's sort of been nerfed.

Now is anybody going to listen to what I said about the sprites on the last page? I mean, call me impatient, but it's more than a bit annoying when I type up a wall of text and then it just gets overshadowed by small comments. :V It's happened to me too many times already, and unlike my idiotic rant on more Color+ screenshots, I actually have something important to say here. Oh well, I guess that's just the "Last-post-on-a-page" curse for ya.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure Thok is still there, I think that it has a delay between uses now. It's sort of been nerfed.

No way, a cooldown would be sorely unintuitive. I'm pretty sure the thok's velocity was just nerfed to be at or below Sonic's top speed. This makes it nonoptimal to use thok for anything more than instant acceleration in a direction, and encourages straight running with the new mechanic to maintain speed long-term.

I explained this in my post on the last page and showed the thok at least once in the gifs.

@GuywithPie3376: I'd rather not answer too many question regarding Sonic right now. However, I did keep your critique in mind, and fixed the back waiting sprite ;)

LKvYL7c.png

Yeah, that's much better. Maybe just tilt the left foot a bit to the left, but not all the way like the right. Kind of like your fixed stance sprite where his feet are barely pointing outward:

2v2cuus.png

Not talking about the separated legs, just his feet. Maybe you could do something like that for his left foot. Keep the right foot, though, that's great.

Last edited:
Yeah, that's much better. Maybe just tilt the left foot a bit to the left, but not all the way like the right. Kind of like your fixed stance sprite where his feet are barely pointing outward:

2v2cuus.png

Not talking about the separated legs, just his feet. Maybe you could do something like that for his left foot. Keep the right foot, though, that's great.

That would look highly unnatural. The way he has the feet positioned now(both feet facing right, only the left foot not as much) is a much more comfortable pose to be standing in.

No matter what changes are made to certain characters, there will always be a wad with the original abilitys around ;)

I just wanna know if the new abilities are going to be carried over to version 2.whatever alongside the new sprites. Most likely not, but it doesn't harm to ask.

I don't want to eat this topic up, it's about Roach's sprites and less of the ability shown off in the gif there using his sprites. Since people are interested, and I wanna polish my lua up a bit more with some criticism I've been given. I may make a release of it separate soon instead.

Who knows if it'll be in 2.2 or not, but that's a whole other story that I don't think needs to be discussed here.

Last edited:

Can you guess what happened in here?

Judging the zone played was ERZ3, Tails used the good ol' shorcuts while Sonic just boosted around like crazy and merely winned the race. Or it's just me saying things that aren't.
The question now is: Did I guess?

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back