SRB2 DB crashes on exit (Vista 64bit)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LavaWave

Flame On!
Why is it whenever I close SRB2 DB it always crashes on my Vista 64bit machine? it used to have an error that had the name of error 5 and I forgot what it was called until I fixed it by re-installing it to another location (C:/Editor) but the crash on exit still exists, note I haven't used this editor for long yet on my new machine so there may be more errors that I haven't discovered, who else uses a Vista 64bit here and uses SRB2 DB? how is it working on yours?

Nevermind I got error 5 invalid procedure call again after placing a ring and saved, any idea's how to fix this?

Also I am unable to download SRB2DB config files from here.

http://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=30752

I get a 404 error.

Last edited:
I get both of those errors, and I'm running Vista 32 bit. I tried every known fix, but nothing worked. That doesn't mean they won't work for you, though the only fixes I can recall are to right click and run as administrator, and try killing explorer.exe before launching the program. There was a Doomworld thread with some other fix, but the thread doesn't seem to exist anymore.

Also, about that 404 error:
AlamGBC said:
the subversion repos is back up but I want a better 'trac' then trac. so trac.srb2.org is not coming up for now

Why is it whenever I close SRB2 DB it always crashes on my Vista 64bit machine? it used to have an error that had the name of error 5 and I forgot what it was called until I fixed it by re-installing it to another location (C:/Editor) but the crash on exit still exists, note I haven't used this editor for long yet on my new machine so there may be more errors that I haven't discovered, who else uses a Vista 64bit here and uses SRB2 DB? how is it working on yours?
Due to the nature of Vista's Explorer process, it is not fully compatible with it, resulting in crashing on exit + Error 5. But I do believe Windows Update has a update to resolve this issue.

get both of those errors, and I'm running Vista 32 bit. I tried every known fix, but nothing worked. That doesn't mean they won't work for you, though the only fixes I can recall are to right click and run as administrator, and try killing explorer.exe before launching the program. There was a Doomworld thread with some other fix, but the thread doesn't seem to exist anymore..

The Doomworld thread contained (in short):
Code:
To fix the error 5, goto Task Manager, and restart the Explorer.exe process.

And don't kill Explorer until the error 5 arrives kill it then.

I get both of those errors, and I'm running Vista 32 bit. I tried every known fix, but nothing worked. That doesn't mean they won't work for you, though the only fixes I can recall are to right click and run as administrator, and try killing explorer.exe before launching the program. There was a Doomworld thread with some other fix, but the thread doesn't seem to exist anymore.

Also, about that 404 error:

True, but someone could upload his non-editted/vanilla SRB2 config file no? for the time being atleast.

Thanks jloy1.

After an hour of playing around SRB2DB is crashed again with a runtime error 5 and I did what you said, it still crashes and when I opened the wad my map was not there, it deleted MAP01 in the wad.

You know what I am gonna try using DB2, I hope it works for Vista 64 bit since SRB2DB is made using DB1 it might be DB1 the problem since it is not as modern as DB2, which means DB2 was coded with Vista or 64 bit machines in mind, I hope it works better and supports SRB2, do the config files of SRB2DB/DB1 work well for DB2 for a start? or it uses a different format of config files?

Appearantly there is no config file for DB2 for SRB2, guess I am gonna have to deal with it or wait for SRB2 Workbench and hope it is compatible for Vista/7 and future OS systems and 64 bit machines.

I found Violo's config and I see it is incomplete, it was made for an older version of SRB2 (SRB2 v2.0.4) and I tend to continue it to make it compatible with 2.0.6, so far I seen missing objects like Brak Eggman and some actions like heat effect but I need to know what else is missing from DB2 for SRB2, DB2 works flawlessly so far on my Vista 64 machine and I need to know what else is missing so I may add it to the cfg and possibly submit it to the forums (but first I must gain Violo's permission ofcourse)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back