Bug with Linedef Type 313: "No More Enemies - Once"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puppyfaic

Me and Senku have both worked with this and encountered a bug. We have come to the same conclusion.

There seems to be a bug with this in that if you tag it to multiple sectors, even if they all share the same tag, it fails to activate when all enemies are destroyed. I've tried it with a single sector and it worked fine, but multiple is a big No-No for some reason. Either I made it wrong, or it just doesn't work and should be fixed for the next SRB2 version.

Here's my try at it.
Here's Senku's try at it.

Look in MAPV2 for both of them.

Last edited:
Just tested the maps. The bug doesn't occur because you're using multiple sectors, it occurs because you're using a player/object based linedef action. The game simply can't tell which object to affect since the enemies can be killed through innumerable possible ways.

By the way, your map is using the No More Enemies linedef correctly, but not Senku's.

If you really have to teleport the player after defeating all the enemies, make the action for the linedef executor an invisible intangible FOF rising from underneath the level floor or something and then tag that FOF to another linedef executor to teleport the player. =)

If you really have to teleport the player after defeating all the enemies, make the action for the linedef executor an invisible intangible FOF rising from underneath the level floor or something and then tag that FOF to another linedef executor to teleport the player. =)

Erm, which linedef executor? There are two, the No More Enemies, and the Trigger: Once.
Also, the "rising from underneath the level floor or something" part confuses me. Do I use Linedef Type 59? Or something else?

The one with the Trigger: Once.

Right now, what you have as an action for that linedef executor is LD412. Simply replace that action with LD401 to rise the ceiling of a hidden Intangible Invisible FOF below the ground, so the FOF fills the area where the player is after killing the enemies.

Finally tag to that FOF another linedef executor trigger, say, Continuous for example, and make its action LD412.

The one with the Trigger: Once.

Right now, what you have as an action for that linedef executor is LD412. Simply replace that action with LD401 to rise the ceiling of a hidden Intangible Invisible FOF below the ground, so the FOF fills the area where the player is after killing the enemies.

Finally tag to that FOF another linedef executor trigger, say, Continuous for example, and make its action LD412.

Nope, didn't work. It teleports the very moment the map is loaded. What I did was replaced LD412 with LD401, tagged that to the control sector that has the invisible intangible FOF and LD313, then made a new control sector, gave a linedef in it LD300, then another LD412, and tagged LD300 to the control sector that has LD313. This same control sector also has the FOF that is to rise above the floor once the enemies are wiped out. But all this happens as soon as I load the map. I'm so confused...

Last edited:
Whoa! Where did I say you should use the same invisible intangible FOFs that check for the presence of enemies? Maybe you just misunderstood or something.

What I meant was, make an extra invisible intangible FOF (different control sector, different tag from the other one) and place it underneath the level floor. Then raise its ceiling just as I explained in the previous post. Start doing this from the version of the map you posted here and don't touch any of the other FOFs please, they worked fine.

Whoa! Where did I say you should use the same invisible intangible FOFs that check for the presence of enemies? Maybe you just misunderstood or something.

What I meant was, make an extra invisible intangible FOF (different control sector, different tag from the other one) and place it underneath the level floor. Then raise its ceiling just as I explained in the previous post. Start doing this from the version of the map you posted here and don't touch any of the other FOFs please, they worked fine.

By different tag, you mean the FOF can't be in the same sector as the other FOF? Everything else makes perfect sense and I think I might have this figured out now.

Last edited:
No, what I meant was a different control sector tag. The FOF can be in the same target sector as the other ones.

Please send over your map again, so we can take another look at what you've done.
EDIT: nevermind

---------- Post added at 12:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 AM ----------

It was no big deal. You just forgot to tag the Continuous trigger to the FOF's control sector (tag 8) and give that sector the special "Trigger Linedef Executor Anywhere in Sector".

Please send over your map again, so we can take another look at what you've done.
EDIT: nevermind

---------- Post added at 12:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 AM ----------

It was no big deal. You just forgot to tag the Continuous trigger to the FOF's control sector (tag 8) and give that sector the special "Trigger Linedef Executor Anywhere in Sector".

^_^ It finally works! Thanks a bunch, Ricardo, you sure seem to know your stuff!
..heh..guess it wasn't a bug after all...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back