Edge's question topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
on Edge said:
How do I wad pallets?
If you already have the ACT file you can just add it to your wad and rename it to playpal for instant effect.

As for making it, either Photoshop, XWE or DeePSea can make them.

You should be able to open it in a high-quality image editor, like Photoshop, then convert it to ACT, but that's just me guessing.

Segmint said:
About your character; if double jumping uses rings, it might not be TOO overpowering, but if it's multi-double jump, you could grab a handful of rings and reach higher than normal. But still, you'd need 410 rings to be able to reach up to 4096 anyway, so it shouldn't be a problem. As for multi glide, I'm not really sure.
uhh...
how do you make abilities take up rings

just wondering..

Kaysakado said:
You should be able to open it in a high-quality image editor, like Photoshop, then convert it to ACT, but that's just me guessing.

Photoshop, GIMP and other programs that handle palettes usually arrange the colors in the wrong order if you convert a full color image to a 256 color image. You can still use them to arrange the palette manually.

1) Are there any conditionals etc. I can use to make my fake (SOC) bots smarter?

2) How do you make springs? (More SOC stuff.)

1) MF_BOSS makes them smarter, but it also has other weird effects.

2) Use MF_SPRING and MF_SOLID. Painstate is the state the spring uses when used, and the speed variable decides how high to go up. Also, there was another variable for moving horizontally, I think it was Painchance.

Kaysakado said:
Also, there was another variable for moving horizontally, I think it was Painchance.
Code:
if (spring->info->painchance)
{
	object->player->pflags |= PF_JUMPED;
	P_SetPlayerMobjState(object, S_PLAY_ATK1);
}
It's not painchance. Painchance is used if you want to make the spring act like some superjump thing, I don't know how to exactly word it.

EDIT:
Code:
if (spring->info->damage)
{
	P_InstaThrustEvenIn2D(object, spring->angle, spring->info->damage);
}
The 'damage' parameter is what you want to use to move horizontally.

Thanks.

New problem: A_SetObjectFlags(2) is bullcrap. I need a freaking walk through; I've tried everything and I got nothin'.

Take 2.

VieuxFront-Still.jpg

Better? If you have nothing to add, I will continue tuning it into a character, and you will see something in the release section in about a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back