Multiplayer games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Echo

My cousin and I were having some trouble with setting up multiplayer games. When ever we host a game the connection to the server doesnt work

Echo, if you have two people you should just play a split-screen game. if you really want to be on the master server, set your config.cfg file to srb2.kicks-ass.net:28910

I already changed config.cfg file to srb2.kicks-ass.net:28910
When i search for games, there are never any.
Am I supposed to change the server name to something

I'm not sure if the search thing in SRB2 works.
But the main way to check if there are any games on is to open the command line in-game, and type 'Listserv'. It'll display a list of open server games you can join, and their IP address. Or you can check http://srb2.kicks-ass.net/srb2ms_status.php . There's usually a netgame on several times a day. You just have to keep checking it.
If Listserv doesen't say there's any servers on, but the link says there is, you've goofed up somewhere. :P

Most of the time, however, the list will be empty simply because not enough players are aware of it.

I have a fix to that problem! Release a patch with the config file changed, and put up a post on the news site about how to change sepwich.com/sntails to srb2.kicks-***.net

No, I'm not asking you to update the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back