Brak Eggman falling platform

Status
Not open for further replies.

LavaWave

Flame On!
This has been bugging me, while I haven't made a map in years since 1.0.9.4 I decided to pick up editting again. (this time using DB2 and Violo's cfg file, I am editting the file myself to put all the objects, linedefs and everything missing in, it's not complete either)

I decided to make a small experimental map with Brak Eggman to make the platform fall, I checked out MAP24 and saw it uses action 302 and 436 and lastly 259 and I did that without problem however the platform still won't fall, I tagged the linedefs 302 and 436 with 4200 and 259 with tag 1 (the platform that should fall) but it isn't working, something I noticed is that sector 17 has tag 3 on it but I am unable to see to what it's tagged too and so far I haven't seen an answer on the forums and the wiki. (which just states to use tag 4200 for Brak Eggman and I did that but didn't work)

This map includes the copy and paste sector which uses those aforementioned linedefs, Brak Eggman and a floating platform that isn't working when Brak is supposed to break it, I only put 1 boss waypoint in it. (I don't suppose that this should affect it)

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Thanks, I knew about the FOF thing, I read about it tough.

And I checked and the trigger action in my map was indeed 302, I made a type up there in the post, I'l fix it now.

I checked out your link about the shatter action and it indeed does confuse me, the bad thing is that the download link to the tutorial is dead, how to set it up correctly? I want a sector with tag #1 to shatter upon Brak's 4200 special action.

Last edited:
The file download link is not dead, it's just that no one had the time to upload an example wad yet.

What exactly don't you understand in the article? Do you know how to set up a linedef executor or an FOF? If not, read those articles first and then do what the Shatter FOF page says, that is, specify the tag of the FOF's target sector on the linedef's front texture X offset and the tag of the control sector on the texture Y offset.

Nevermind I did it, I checked out map24 and analysed the texture offsets on the sidedefs and got it working as it should, thanks anyway Ricardo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back