Timelimit in just 1 area

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, that's not possible. But how would it even work? What would happen if you switch between the two areas?

Well using a new lindef or so set the timelimit by height. Then have a end time sector. Then just repeat if you want.

Make a lindef executor.

Have a sector that has this title: Time limit Start
Then Have a sector that has this title: Time limit End.
Height for the lindef executor sector is the time limit.

You know, they aren't anywhere near as flexible as what you want, but you could use Space Countdowns.

Make a lindef executor.

Have a sector that has this title: Time limit Start
Then Have a sector that has this title: Time limit End.
Height for the lindef executor sector is the time limit.
You're still not making any sense. Sectors don't have titles. And what do you even want to do?

He probably wants to make an area with a time limit that you have to pass within the time limit. I think WEREHOG is trying to say they could implement a new sector effect called Time Limit and have a linedef tagged to the sector with a new linedef type for it. The sector height or the linedef length would be the amount of time you have in that area. I actually believe you could make some cool gimmicks with this.
Edit: Fixed something to avoid confusion.

Last edited:
just set up a linedef executor to bring up an intangible instakill FOF after a predetermined delay. Make sure to indicate somehow that you're timed though! ^.^

GODDAMMIT RED I WAS JUST GOING TO SAY THAT >:(
But yeah, a delayed linedef executor that raises the ceiling of an intangible FOF with instakill could work, although you would have to tag a lot of sectors to make it not happen in the entire level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back