The video game awards on spiketv came on today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
No I didn't?

It's not like it'd have been all that worth watching, anyway. I'll bet Halo 2 won the award for best game. Either that or Half-Life 2. If not either, humor me.

I'm quite sure Half-Life 2 won because it was better rated than Halo two by the media and the fact that HL two has been in development much longer than its competition

sorry about the gremmar the school pc keyboards screwed up

Oh. Well, that's interesting.

Oh well, when I actually start CARING about GTA, then maybe this award will mean something to me. Either way I had the feeling it wasn't going to be anything special, just another thing sucking up to the most popular of the year's titles.

Nice try, shdow fox.

Apparently the video game awards were rather idiotic, but that doesn't mean this topic is a moot point. I didn't watch it because I didn't really care what the awards would go to, since I knew it would have to be horribly biased towards the generic video game player today, and wouldn't have any mention of things that were truly interesting or original.

Slashdot's post on the topic sums up my opinion of it really nicely: http://games.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=04/12/15/1637255&tid=166&tid=129&tid=10

They said:
I have enough problems in my day without having to explain to my family why a show honoring the entertainment I love is populated mostly by underdressed women in angel costumes. Once a year, wouldn't it be nice to put the scruffy, anti-social gamer stereotype behind us? To sit down and watch some very intelligent people in tuxedos and gowns get their due for providing us so much entertainment? Seriously, wouldn't it be great to see John Carmack present an award? Or get to listen to a Wil Wright acceptance speech? A gaming awards show taken seriously would be a sight to see. Even if that never happens, please -- enough with the Spike-style awards shows.
Hear hear.

I didn't bother watching, either. I'm thoroughly convinced that half of the show was taken up by Snoop's rapping. I just couldn't sit through something like that. :roll:

GAH I MISSED THE SPIKE TV VIDEO GAME AWARDS!!!! *much cursing*

Spike TV is ONLY the number one authority on the video game industry, and a program with the magnitude of the 2nd Annual Spike TV Video Game Awards is pretty much unmissable.

It is imperative that I catch a reshowing of the earth-shaking event.

Cause the pimps were in the crib, so he had to drop it like it's hot.

If the pigs are tryin' to get at you, or the n****s get an attitude, watch out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back