A Trio of 2.2 Tidbits

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you've entered into the OLDC in the last few years, you might want to keep your ears open. We might even want to include your stage as well.

Including or excluding the "last race" OLDC (that happened to have at least three maps that weren't races)?

Let the hype train begin again!

So, I'm assuming Sonic's sprites have been redone, like Knuckles's in the 2.1 release? Or is it just the spindash animation that's changed?
From Roach's thread, his dev status, teasing for it to be in 2.2, and the life icon, what do you think? |:V

From Roach's thread, his dev status, teasing for it to be in 2.2, and the life icon, what do you think? |:V

...I popped in here because my RSS feed told me that the main site had updated. How am I supposed to know what one of the developers is doing?

Also, I can't tell that the life icon is different. I probably don't remember what the current one looks like.

Given how steadily development tanks to the goal, it's nice seeing 2.2 details already! And we've need spin dash sprites for years, so that's great to see.

The only thing I'm curious of is if the single player campaign would be considered "finished" by 2.2? I figured it would be with 2.1, not that I'm complaining; Castle Eggman and Techno Hill Zones are legitimately fun now. It's honestly been great having a single player that can be played from start and finish since 2.0's release.

I swear, why do the same stupid questions keep getting asked over and over and over again when you should all know the answer by now?

I'm always surprised you guys on the staff never banned me once for being stupid like this on my last account years ago. (Like that one fan game engine of a fan game engine we shall never speak of again.) I remember I used to be scared poopless of being idiotic enough for the ban hammer, even during that brief period there was a spam forum. God, how much I've changed since then.

The only thing I'm curious of is if the single player campaign would be considered "finished" by 2.2? I figured it would be with 2.1, not that I'm complaining; Castle Eggman and Techno Hill Zones are legitimately fun now. It's honestly been great having a single player that can be played from start and finish since 2.0's release.
The plan is to release when ACZ2 and ACZ3 are complete. This would still leave RVZ's completion up to a later version. The thing is, the plan was to release 2.1 when CEZ2 and CEZ3 were completed. That...didn't quite happen and 2.1 ended up with a lot more content than we imagined would be in it. Hence, the reality of what 2.2 will actually contain is anyone's guess at this point.

Not to be rude, but not everyone goes on the forums so he obviously found out the news from a reliable source. Being an occasional visitor myself, I also found it via the website and haven't really paid much attention through the modding section for quite a long time until very recently, so it's nice to see some updates on there too. Just try to be considerate and think about that before writing the comment in that tone.

Anyways, the updates are looking pretty snazzy, particularly the new Deep Sea textures and the new Sonic sprites. I'm looking forward to see what other stuff are brought to the table too.

Last edited:
Hype levels aren't quite as high as they were for 2.1... yet.
I dunno, maybe something will come up that'll really blow me away, but these small little drops of content are pretty good. The thing specifically that does stand out however that I didn't quite go into before, DSZ. While the texture overhaul looks fantastic, just how much is planned to be changed? THZ2 level of overhaul or is it just a few texture changes here and there and ADDED areas rather than a from-scratch level?

...If anyone can actually state that, that is.

I feel like there is more to come with 2.2 other than just level updates...we'll see. Other than that everything looks pretty good so far and I'm glad more community made levels are getting thrown into the vanilla mix.

The plan is to release when ACZ2 and ACZ3 are complete. This would still leave RVZ's completion up to a later version. The thing is, the plan was to release 2.1 when CEZ2 and CEZ3 were completed. That...didn't quite happen and 2.1 ended up with a lot more content than we imagined would be in it. Hence, the reality of what 2.2 will actually contain is anyone's guess at this point.

...If I understood right, 2.2's only missing acts are gonna be RVZ's, which means that the SP campaign will be completed for the 2.3 release? (Such a math genius)

Oh and... As I've just throw in that DSZ looked beautiful, I can talk of what seems to be an HoM on ACZ2's screenshot too :/
Also as you talked about ACZ3, is the original "cartoon" concept still planned for it? Just askin'

...If I understood right, 2.2's only missing acts are gonna be RVZ's, which means that the SP campaign will be completed for the 2.3 release? (Such a math genius)

wait, what about dark city/doom ship

unless that's being included also (which i doubt)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Back