New Sonic Game for Natal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would actually have been interested in a new Riders game if it wasn't dumbed down by motion controls. Riders 1 was actually a fairly good game as far as competitive mechanics goes, and was even better if you had someone to play with, but Riders 2 threw that down the toilet (in ways I can only guess was an attempt at making things "kid friendly" - not that I can particularly blame them, the first game had one hell of a learning curve to it), and after the way in which Riders 2 motion controls turned out I refuse to believe that a Riders game built entirely around motion will be anything but crap.

I just wish ST would actually fix the Riders series proper for a change instead of tacking gimmicks onto it all the time. Even mainstream games don't suffer from that quite as badly as the Riders games do.

http://kotaku.com/5554042/rumor-sonic-free-riders-is-segas-natal-surprise

Autosaver is so pissed off he missed the chance to post this first right now.

Edit: It's a rumor, but keep SEGA's track record with keeping pretty much anything from getting out in mind.

Oh crap, totally forgot! X_x But really, I didn't want to post it if it becomes false. PS: I still want my job back. :)

and after the way in which Riders 2 motion controls turned out I refuse to believe that a Riders game built entirely around motion will be anything but crap.
I actually never had a problem with the Wiimote, it also was a lot easier to play with a gamecube controller if you didn't really like it.
The first one was spam boost till your hands fell off. Hopefully, not getting stuck in last place by some cheap attack.

I'm betting this one will probably the worst of out all of them. How am I going to play Riders with an Eye-toy upgrade?
I sure hope that this game goes at a faster speed than the previous games.

Super fast speed + delayed input = Lulz

I'm just going to hope that Sega realizes the obvious and adds controller compatibility...

I'm just going to hope that Sega realizes the obvious and adds controller compatibility...

I would like to focus on something else.

I would like Sega to focus on their bigger projects instead of cranking out multiple projects just to keep their Titanic afloat. How hard can it be?

Oh wait... This is Sega I am talking about....

Last week, a report surfaced that Sonic Free Riders, an alleged Natal-based Sonic title for XBOX360 may be on deck for unveiling next week at the Electronic Entertainment Expo, possibly at the Natal press event Sunday or at a second Natal presser on Monday morning.
For the moment, it remains a rumor, but TSSZ News uncovered evidence that adds fuel to it. Through a public WHOIS domain record search, we’ve found a registration for SonicFreeRiders.com that, at present, redirects to Sega’s Games page. The same holds true for SonicFreeRiders.co.uk.
The registrant of both is eBrand Services, a domain name management firm. It’s the same company who most recently registered on Sega’s behalf SonicColors.com and SonicColours.com–as well as their .co.uk counterparts. Those four domains redirect to Sega’s product page for the upcoming Nintendo Wii and DS exclusive. Furthermore, the Sonic Free Riders domains were registered very recently–this past Monday, June 7th.
But eBrand Services is also the same firm who snapped up dummy domains like sonicthehedgehog5.com and sonicthehedgehog6.com for Sega–all of which currently redirect to Sega’s website for Sonic the Hedgehog 4. It means that despite the very specific nature of this latest round of registration, it could be in the name of brand protection and nothing more. Timing is important in assessing the information, too: while the domains were registered on Monday, the rumor broke last Wednesday, June 2nd–so the registration could be more reactive than proactive.
If nothing else, it adds some backing to the initial report of a Sonic Free Riders debut next week. But don’t forget the last time we told you about a notable domain registration–that was right on the money. So, it’s worth keeping an eye on Sunday’s Project Natal event to see if this pans out. TSSZ News editor Ryan Bloom will be, and he’ll give you the lowdown here as part of our E3 2010 coverage.

Confirmed..

I want to see Blaze in HD(That isn't the realistic approach with 06)

Found via Sega's Blog.
I'm not sure if I can call this a "lol first screenshot" of Sonic Free Riders, but it looks interesting at very least.
4703611551_d2941aa9cc.jpg

Higher resolution image
EVEN HIGHER

Actually, this image gives a little bit of speculation as toward some gameplay mechanics. I mean, assuming you'll control where you go with your body and race to be first, I'm simply pointing out some things within the image.
First and foremost, the HUD certainly looked like it changed. On the top left of the monitor, I took a notice that there are two moderately large spheres. The last time I saw these spheres on the top left corner of the screen was in Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity. Perhaps an incorperated gameplay mechanic of "Gear changing"?
Secondly, there's a gradient line on the far right of the screen, right above the speed number this person is going at. Now I don't know what this is for. In the original Sonic Riders (Which used the air system) it was more vertical than horizonal and in Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity (Which used "gravity"", it was the other way around. Perhaps they are bringing back the Air system as well as incorporating the "Gear changing" mechanics from both games. Sounds like a good buy to me if they do this.

More or less, you could say I'm doing some intensive thinking based solely on this one image. I don't want to say I'm right on what I said, but it seems plausible at very least, right?

On another note, it seems this guy likes to play Storm.

Last edited:
I sure hope you could still use a controller; I'm not planning on buying Kinect soon, but maybe Move, maybe move (for those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, which would be sad, Playstation Move)

That's so awesome.... I was thinking they might kill the game somewhat and only worry about the controls, although the interface and track look amazing, and it looks insanely fun~

It wasn't too interesting.

One thing I noticed is that they brought back the air gauge. (Though, it looks like they removed the attacks)

Also, the swimming part made me laugh. Did you see the guy waggle his arms like crazy? XD

Also, the swimming part made me laugh. Did you see the guy waggle his arms like crazy? XD

Which reminds me. How are you supposed to complete even a single lap on the stage as Sonic if Sonic can't swim? Is he going to wear his life jacket again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back