The devs make me so MAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The green eyes actually help balance out the whole visual aesthetic of the character. You have a character that is mostly blue, and without any other colors there's just monotone. With the red shoes and the green eyes it just makes it a more complete picture over all. Really it is for the better, it makes the characters more identifiable from a distance and is going to be flat out necessary in the new official mp map that was released.
Of course, the green colors change along with the other colors, I think it isn't quite perfect... colored silver gives you red eyes iirc, maybe Inuyasha will be able to fix it. Just to be sure, this thing is being hardcoded into the three playable characters from what I know, you can't do the same thing for your characters because well- we only care about STK anyway.

Foxblitzz tends to be a little archaic when it comes to sprite art, probably because he actually knows how to do it or some other such nonsense. Anyway, its very common to have two artists with a different aesthetic to come to odds over something. I don't remember how many developers did not support giving ERZ a new look, but I know there were a few. Anyway, I'm pretty sure the majority of the dev team is in support of the green eyes on this one, so I doubt FB's whining will make much of a difference.

And don't worry about homing attack. Arf is just exaggerating it. If what he says is true, I believe it'll feel no less natural than it does in Sonic Heroes. Besides, homing-chains while going through reverse gravity areas along with turrets shooting at you and all is so much more exhilerating than what we previously had in place.

*Clap*, *Clap*, *Clap*...good one, guys. The sarcasm is the icing on the cake as well. I love Mystic's IRC statement, as well.

But, wow. I can't believe Sonic's eyes are green now. What the heck is this? This completely destroys this entire game for "hardcore" Sonic fans. I guess next, the Devs will be giving Super Sonic RED EYES, huh?

Super sonic had green eyes to start with in sonic and knuckles 3. But if both sonic and his super self have green eyes things might get a bit awkward in my opinion

Who approved of this again?

Why can't Sonic's eyes be red? Wouldn't that make him seem more edgy?

I think this was just kept between some of the graphic designers and the leadership. If an SatAM geek found out we were toying with the appearance, they'd be twisting arms to get Sonic to look like some kind of punk from the nineties and then shoehorn Sally in just to recreate the scene at the end of Sonic '06 the way it was MEANT to be...

That, and you probably weren't there when they said "if anyone has a problem with it, you'd better speak up now before it goes final".

I am boycotting this game!

Lets show these fools! Everyone download Sonic Robo Blast 1 and this will cause so much damage to Sonic Team Junior.

Isn't that kinda going overboard just for the appearance of Sonic's eye's that may not be really noticeable?

I think the download srb1 part of peoples complaining is part of the april fool side of the topic...if it isn't then I fail :P

If THIS makes you guys angry, then I wonder what you will think of the rest of the update...

The green eyes is just a small part of it.

If THIS makes you guys angry, then I wonder what you will think of the rest of the update...

The green eyes is just a small part of it.

What? What more? Green Sea Zone? Blue Canyon Zone? Lavender Volcano Zone? Pink Rock Zone?!

*Loses all senses*

You guys should throw in some lackluster music and level design, too.

Nah, let's have some decent to pretty good music, then load it up with PHYSICS PHYSICS PHYSICS! Sure, it may be a tiiiiny big buggy, but who cares?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back