SRB2 2.0.X Bug Reports (Pre-2.0.5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hide and Seek is a bit broken. Hiding players can all F12 eachother, but the IT can't. Now, imagine the IT leaves, a random hider is appointed the IT. He's had access to all the other hiders' viewpoints.

Hiding players can be found at least twice, if they fall into a hazard that kills them after being found. This even results in double (or more) points for the IT.

And of course there's the issue where the game will immediately end if everyone is spectating. Since when you come from Coop and Race you're automatically spawned as a spectator, trying to switch directly from those gametypes results in the stage immediately ending. Any map loaded afterwards works fine, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok in H&S when you hide behind someone close to a wall , the guy who is before you is hit and go very close to you. Then the one who is hide behind beacame instatly invincible. Aslo, in Match or CTF, when i get killed i respawn to the same place i died and i jump freaking high. It usually happen when the game start to C-fail but sometime, its random when there are no C-fail

I got enough emblems to unlock mario koopa blast. and when i tried to play it it said "You need to unlock this level first."

COLORMAP lumps in wads added with addfile have no effect. They must be added via -file to be applied.

Zoom Tube End in p_spec.c doesn't have this line, while the Zoom Tube Start does:
Code:
player->pflags &= ~PF_GLIDING;

This would probably cause odd side effects if you glided into the end of a zoom tube.

Turning off a certain item's appearances after turning cheats on has no effect.

Also, in Tag mode, serverchangeteam is completely jammed with the error message "No tag status changes after hidetime!" (This should remain for Hide And Seek, but not Tag really.)
However, people can still use regular changeteam to become spectators or playing. (along with any other method) Fixing this should really put a stop to those noobs who always spectate after being tagged. Serverchangeteam noob it FTW

Remember the crawla commander glitch I mention many times? I think I finally have a handle on exactly what triggers it.

I have wing logos placed on my level (they have the States of rings, mind, but they are the wing log Thing). Said level is not a NiGHTS level. I was hit in the level, and suddenly, all the wing logos (or rings, or whatever you want to deem them) nearby turned into crawla commanders. So it seems that the crawla commander glitch is triggered by taking damage near wing logos.

It's the reincarnation of an ancient bug!

If you time your jumps right, you can hop off of spikes without being damaged. It doesn't seem to happen in other damage sectors.

The sounds in-game are horribly uneven in volume. All of the joke voice-acting sounds effects are too quiet, as are the S3K sound effects.

Also, the SRB1 music is too loud with the exception of the first track or two.

FOF base glitch

If the base in CTF is a FOF, you can touch your flag, and it will "return to base" (the same exact spot).
The bug is REALLY evident in Metal Bases zone, and probably would occur in Isolated canyon if you ported it.
It also seems like if someone wanted to, they could spam it really easily.

EIP=004a3230
In CEZ1, in one of those trees with the swinging chain in it, someone was flying me around. I had a Whirlwind Shield. Just before we landed, the game sigsegv'd.

EIP=0048142c on Red Volcano 1, Race. The game never had a chance to start, it crashed before the title card ever appeared.

Chains are a bit buggy. If you take damage while on one, you won't get knocked off. If you have a Whirlwind Shield and press spin, you'll hear the sound, but waste your second jump for nothing.

Fix the emerald hunt type. Sometimes, only 2 emeralds appear or the level finish when you get 1 emerald

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back