Super Mario Bros. Z Episode 7 is out!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fawfulfan

The Tortured Planet guy
The newest installment in Alvin-Earthworm's FANTASTIC series is out! It's the most action-packed yet, not to mention the most bizarre!!! If you haven't seen Super Mario Bros. Z, YOU SHOULD!!! Find all episodes--including the seventh--at YouTube or Newgrounds.

The action in it was great, but he made Metal Sonic kill everybody Sonic knew but Shadow. So after I had seen Amy was killed, I immediately lost interest in it. *stabs* That and it's made out of sprite rips, cheap...

My only beef with it is that the action gets repetitive. And some episodes have ONLY action in them.

I also don't like how he made sonic and shadow act. They seem.... generic and boring.

Dr.Pepper said:
The action in it was great, but he made Metal Sonic kill everybody Sonic knew but Shadow. So after I had seen Amy was killed, I immediately lost interest in it. *stabs* That and it's made out of sprite rips, cheap...

*Mecha* Sonic. And I honestly couldn't see this series being the same without those sprites...The action never gets old for me, either

Its good to watch and probably the best sprite movie ever but just don't research why the episodes take so long, the results are not good =P.

Hint - check his deviantArt

Dr.Pepper said:
Actually I was happy by that. And they can be easily revived with the chaos emeralds.
Also, sprite rips>hand-drawn imo.

It's meh...

What bothers me about these DBZ clones is that, as with DBZ, no matter how much damage someone takes they never damn well die, half the SMBZ cast should have been dead by episode 3, yet they're not. >_>

And then there are the newcomers in later episodes that should have been dead the same episode they were introduced.

I think they do that because it allows the action in the battles to go on longer and be more intense, and I like it, although I will agree it takes some getting used to.

I saw it a while ago, it was the least epic of them all and it was really epic nevertheless.

It wasn't as suspenseful as the others, but I liked how the battle scene just started out of nowhere. All the other fights had dialogues leading up to them, but here, Mecha Sonic just crashed through the ceiling, and it was on!

fawfulfan said:
I think they do that because it allows the action in the battles to go on longer and be more intense, and I like it, although I will agree it takes some getting used to.

I think you mean to allow the battles to be longer and more repetitive.

I disagree that they're repetitive. They're only repetitive in the sense that they all involve people beating other people up, and in the sense that they're repetitively awesome!

Overused plot (well-represented character personalities, though), DBZ, yeah, I know what you mean.... Still, it's nicely animated, pretty funny at times, and while the battles themselves are the same conflicts over and over, each fight is actually pretty different, and there's generally a lot of action going on at once, so it's fun to watch.

Cue said:
What bothers me about these DBZ clones is that, as with DBZ, no matter how much damage someone takes they never damn well die, half the SMBZ cast should have been dead by episode 3, yet they're not. >_>

Actually, this isn't quite so bothersome to me, I'm used to Sonic taking an awful lot of punishment before he dies. The only place where this extended and exaggerated damage concept would seem to make sense would be in an genre based on game-specific HP rather than realistic damage.

My friends, RebelCommando and RockmanRyusei, on the SEGA forums can't stop pestering me about it....
Here's where I'm gonna shock you. I LOVE the show. For sprite rips, this show is freaking brilliant. But mind me saying this, if the show ever turns to a drawn style, let me know.... I've been waiting for some freaking awesome drawn animation that's not the Sonic Shorts Volumes and Sonic Bluecock(haven't heard of it, yet? Check Youtube. Brilliant randomness!)

I actually like sprite rips a lot better for something like this, because then it looks more like it came from the actual games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back