I need answers. Im totally lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeshiro

OK. Here we go...I was hoping someone could answer one of my many questions about the Sonic universe in general.

1.How old is Eggman exactly? In Sonic adventure 2(Battle). Eggman apparently knew his grandfather befor he was killed 50 years in the past. And even then he was a young child. Not only that. But he's been after sonic for a few years now too and yet not a strand of grey. Does he dye his moustache?
2.I'm lost...what's the deal with the whole Eggman-Robotnik name change thing? Did he decide to change his name? I mean, he said he looked up to his grandfather.Wouldn't want the same last name? Or did Sonic outlive two generations of Humans?
3.Why are they not following the comic story line in the Sonic games?
...It was a good storyline.
4.I never played Sonic Adventure 2 so I don't know if there is a difference, but in Sonic Adventure to Battle inthe "Last" Story mode...Can someone PLEASE explain Eggman. I mean he seems like like he's with the Idea of ramming the colony into the Earth. He even says he would have done it himself. But then later on he's all worried about the Earth.
If you Can Answer any of these questions, Id appreciate it.

1. I dunno. Probebly yes.
2. I guess Sonic and his friends kept calling him that, and the named got stuck in his psyche.
"I am Dr. Egg- guh, um... Robotnik!"
3. You mean that Sonic comic done by Archie? I guess they just want seperate storylines...
4. I think he just said that in hopes that the earth would surrender to him. I dunno. Maybe it would have something to do with him supposedly being a MAD scientist. :wink:

1. Well, Eggman is bald. Thats gotta be a sign of old age, although in all the instruction booklets for the games, Eggman's age is "unknown"
2. Robotnik is the real name. Sonic calls Eggman "Eggman" because he's shaped like an egg. "Eggman" is really just a nickname given to him by Sonic
3. I don't really understand this question, but if you are comparing the comics (Archie I guess) to the games, then the answer is obvious. The comics are made by Archie (I think) with permission from Sonic Team. This means, Sonic Team doesn't make them. Sonic Team makes the games, while Archie makes the comics. Two different producers, two different storylines
4. Eggman didn't want to destroy the work, he was only threatening it. That's why he blew off a part of the moon instead of the earth. He didn't want the world to be destroyed because if it was,there would be no world for him to take over. Gotta put some thought into it before you actually know that. IMO, I think too much about this stuff.

OK, hope my answers helped

He is an evil genius after all. He could have made those anti-aging stuff though. I don't find that possibly though, seeing as eggman uses all his time planning on how to destroy sonic

The truth is that the Sonic games don't focus on story, so they overlook petty details like that. If age mattered in the Sonic universe, Sonic would be approximately 30 years old. But in reality, ten years later, Sonic will still be 16, and that's never going to change.

1. 849 years, give or take a month.
2. Robotnik is Russian for "Eggman." He uses the name Robotnik to emulate his hero, the great Joseph Stalin.
3. Heck if I know. I like the comic book, too. I've been reading it since issue #4 came out.
4. Go blow twenty bucks on Sonic Adventure 2 Battle. It won't answer your question, but play it anyway.

In other words, you're looking too much into the games. Don't worry about it.

Whenever I stop to think on those kind of questions, I begin to realize that I'm trying to find out about a pixel-animated life. So yeah, just play.

1. Eggman just HAD to be teleported into the Sonic Universe (SU). Sure there are human-like Mobians, but if he was born in the SU, then how the flaming buttsecks does he have a grandfather in the Human Universe?? No way. He was teleported.

2. The Nickname Eggman started out in Sonic Adventure. He called himself Dr. Robotnik the whole time, but everyone --exept the humans-- called him Eggman. After Sonic Adventure 2, he DID got Eggman stuck in his head. I mean come on! He made a theme song called Dr. Eggman! BTW, I dont recall any saying of him being Robotnik. Maybe on his info, but

3. The same exact thing that JetKrazy pointed out.

4. The same exact thing that JetKrazy pointed out.

You gotta love the jokes Walan makes

Here's a question for ya', why does no one age?
Does Eggman come up with a new plan every week or what?!

SSNTails said:
I like how Eggman can run faster than Sonic.

Yeah, I've noticed that ever since I first played Sonic 2. Just when you beat his Sonic robot, he seems to run like a lepoard into his giant robot mech thing.

Something like that has to be done in SRB2. :lol:

It's not that I'm thinking too much about the series really. It's just that I'm making my own fan game (havn't worked on in weeks, too addicted too SRB2) and I want my game to make SENSE! But then again, if Sonic team doesn't even have a storyline why should I. I mean every other series thats popular online has a story.(Megaman,......uuhh.... :| ......Megaman...) But noooo. Sonic Doesn't need a story line. It makes enough sense as it is! Talking mutant blue immortal rodent with aposable thumbs and a single eyebal with corneas, with a moving skinfold thing in the middle for a browline!!!...Sorry I got carried away. :cry:

2. Actually, the whole thing about the Robtnik-Eggman thing was that in Japan, they used the name Eggman while the changed the name to Robotnik in the states (I think...) They switched to Eggman in Sonic Adventure 1, becuase there was a puzzle that used the name Eggman. And the rest of the answers were already answered.

Question: Why did Sonic's eyes turn green!? WHY!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back