What is the hardest Sonic boss you ever fought?

Status
Not open for further replies.
IRC said:
[20:15:49] <SonicX8000> Now if there's one sonic boss that I had a hard time with...
[20:15:56] <SonicX8000> Sonic 2 on SMS/GG
[20:16:01] <SonicX8000> Final Boss
[20:16:29] <SonicX8000> I had quite alot of lives in Crystal Egg, and after winning... only had 1 life left and no credits.
[20:16:35] <SonicX8000> -_-
Pretty much any boss in that game is hard if you ask me. Same goes for Sonic 1 on SMS/GG. This is pretty much all I can say.

Last edited:
Hardest boss I've faced so far? That's a tie between Diablon from Shadow the hedgehog and the Carnival night zone boss from Sonic Rush.
[SIZE="-1000"]and guess who was my first end boss to fight with a super character in the series[/SIZE]

Sonic Chaos last boss (I think that's the game). The boss that's eggman in his egg walker.

imo, all the dreamcast era bosses that were mentioned earlier like diablon and albatross were actually easy. They just have an extremely long fight. (Psst, xkower, stay in speed formation and in the first phase, keep homing attacking the side, second phase, keep homing attacking the front, last phase go nuts. What I mean by keep homing attacking, is mash the homing attack button and never let go.)

The hardest boss I've faced, is the Egg Viper from Sonic Adventure, or King Boom Boo from Sonic Adventure 2/Battle.

Sonic 2 GG pincer boss for being cheap

Sonic 2 MD final boss for being legitimately dangerous

S&K Death Egg 2 boss for taking a fucking year to beat

Normally i'd blame Time Eater for the crappy Super Sonic controls, but I suppose it wasn't really that hard. And I also won't take ROM hacks into account (unless Master Edition and Harder Bosses are ROMs that are perfectly fine to swear at). So I suppose my hardest battle in Sonic games was...Biolizard.

Sonic Chaos last boss (I think that's the game). The boss that's eggman in his egg walker.

imo, all the dreamcast era bosses that were mentioned earlier like diablon and albatross were actually easy. They just have an extremely long fight. (Psst, xkower, stay in speed formation and in the first phase, keep homing attacking the side, second phase, keep homing attacking the front, last phase go nuts. What I mean by keep homing attacking, is mash the homing attack button and never let go.)
My Sonic Heroes is broken :P (sorry for off-topic)

Egg viper and boom boo wasn't that hard either. The only time viper could pose a challenge, is at the end when he throws the entire machine at the platforms as a final attack after the boss. Boom boo was pretty simple. Go around him, hit the little ghost, dig, punch.

@serenity the final boss in generations console version was disappointing. The final boss in the 3ds one however is one of my favorite final bosses. Also to sorta keep this on topic, the generations 3ds final boss was easy, but sometimes the big spinning clocks were hard to dodge.

For starters, I've never beaten Sonic Unleashed (PS2) or Sonic '06 (360). The final bosses in those are scum to me.

I don't get why people think Shadow's Biolizard boss in SA2 is hard, I beat it on my first try!
and also, I know that I posted here before, but my new hardest boss is The Egg Emperor from Sonic Heroes.
I kept dying when I was about to beat it, and i never got a scratch on Team Dark's story.
Which is why I never played the game again, and found Srb2.

EDIT: I was playing when I typed this, and I just beat it. :D

Last edited:
I'm not going to talk about the genesis games (the only one I've beaten is Sonic CD). Anyway, the hardest boss is certainly the biolizard, I remember half an hour of cheap deaths in a weird yellow liquid.... anyway, it's one of my favorite bosses in Sonic games.

Last edited:
@Maximus: The Egg Emperor was hard, but I rarly die on it. I get hit like, 18,000,000 times, but still never die. So, I guess its hard? Maybe? Sonic Heroes itself was pretty simple and easy. Funny thing is, I find the Rival team boss battles harder than Egg Emperor, in terms of life preserving.

Do Sonic Battle fights count? Cause I'm pretty sure I spent more time trying to beat Sonadow with Emerl than on any Sonic boss. Though Sonic 2 final boss was a close second.
Also yeah Maximus Egg Emperor wasn't really a nightmare, I had more trouble with Final Fortress.

Uhhhuhuhuhuh, whaaat?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kD5VZ9C5L8s
I understand difficulty is relative, but really?

What makes it hard is that you are given zero rings in each fight. Sure some of them are relatively easy and pathetic but if you mess up once it's back to the beginning of the stage for you. That's what made the Sonic 1 Game Gear bosses a pain. I wouldn't be surprised if anyone had trouble or is still having trouble with Sonic 1 Game Gear bosses today.

Plus, IIRC, GG made them easier because there was less space on the screen. I know for a fact that the first boss on MS you had to wait for him to attack to hit him, which increases your chances of losing a life. Bridge Zone's boss even used to have pits!

EDIT: The video's description even states states that the difficulty was drastically toned down. Just watch someone play it on the Master System, and you'll know why people consider it to have really hard bosses.

Last edited:
So, I don't really like that Egg Emperor, because he attacks when you take ramps, pole etc, this often break the game, and the camera doesn't stick to him while destoying robots and cannons around him ><.

Robot storm is also a pain as Team Dark, I had to... *cough*use the memory editor*cough*, But I was 8 years old, now I can do it by loosing one or two lives, but I never got the A rank on it ><

Robot storm is also a pain as Team Dark, I had to... *cough*use the memory editor*cough*, But I was 8 years old, now I can do it by loosing one or two lives, but I never got the A rank on it ><

Don't worry. Those bosses are the definition of laziness since the game is scattered with enemies you have to beat in order to progress.

I... I liked robot storm. It was a fun all-out battle between you and a shit load of robots.

"This isn't the end!"
:D
"You'll pay for this!"
D:

A boss that used to be hard for me, was the Egg Gollum. But that was like, when I was 6? Now I can toy around with that boss, ie. spindashing into its head instead of homing attacking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back