Suggestions

I had a bit of idea like that. Build SRB2, with an additional source file, to object files, take the new one, and rename it to *.mod. There would then be a ADDMOD command that would load compatible modules into SRB2.

Enable Timelimit for co-op levels

I think it's a bit annoying and useless enabling timelimit for a co-op level in a normal server. But, lately, I had hosted some dedicated servers and I get a bit worried for hangouters who simply don't want complete levels.

If timelimit was enabled in co-ops, I think it could be avoided once levels can advance automatically and I don't need to use SHOWMAP everytime to see if levels are advancing.

TIMER command

If I host a dedicated server, I can't see how long is the game once I can't see the timer. Obviously. I would like a command that shows me, via prompt, how long is the game. Thus I have a proof that the game is taking too much time and I can use EXITLEVEL without remorse :D

Also TIMER command could be useful for reporting servers. You can type in console TIMER and the current TIMER value is registered in logfile.

In relation to this bug.

I'd like to see a "Restore player control" sector effect, compatible with FOFs. In the same level where I'm experiencing the bug above, there's also an issue with getting hit and falling into the current. You're stuck in an infinite bounce, while hurt.

I'll Begin said:
Slow Fall
  • ACTIONSPD1 is how fast your character falls. Defaults to 30. This could have the side effect of 0 being used to get effects similar to that of Super Float.
  • ACTIONSPD2 is a little tricky.[list:b4ae945c6a]
  • If set to 0. Use default frames (whatever your character uses when it jumps).
  • If set to 1. Force spin frames.
  • If set to 2. Force falling frames.
  • If set to 3. Use special ability frames.
[/list:u:b4ae945c6a]

I'd like to add to this too. It this is set to any negative number, the character will fall up. This could allow something like this:

Kitsune said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4N5NB8U5pM

That should be an ability.

However, that would only apply if the character had multiability, and one would have to jump before using the ability. Although, I have a suggestion (well, two).

First off, possibly an "abilitynojump" S_SKIN attribute. By this, I mean that the character's ability is activated without jumping first. If one made complex edits to a character, it could lead to having characters have complex abilities with pros and cons (let's say a character like Sinkoo had this with the ability thok still activated. The ability would emidiatly spawn the thok item, allowing him to have a high jump emidiatly(sp?). If I'll Begin's thok idea of having one go more up when actionspd1 is set higher than it's default is accepted, one could blast high into the air with a single press of the jump button).

Next, how about something special for "nojumpspin" making it that, if set to "2," it makes it that the character doesn't go into any jumping frames, but rather it's standing, walking, and running frames. This is useful for characters that fly and have the "float" ability (namely Darkspine Sonic, however this WAD can be improved to look less ugly, more like him, and more complex).

One more thing: How about making it that, when a character stops slowfalling when ability/spin frames are forced, the character automatically goes into falling frames. Useful for characters like Blaze the Cat.

I'd personally LOVE this stuff in 1.1

Add an extra parameter for the Tunes console command, which I think should be called -MIDI, so it plays the MIDI for the musicslot you choose (if there is one, of course), so you don't have to disable digital music in order to listen to MIDIs through Tunes when you type it in the console.

Some kind of zipwire that is simillar to the swinging bars in the 1.1 video already, but stationary until you jump onto it and it goes down at set speed (set speed could be the Z position or whatever).

That central area in Tree Ring needs desperately fixed, IMO.

It seems like every time I play it, half the netgame crowds around the central area just spamming each other with Red Rings. I'd much rather enjoy fighting and finding my opponents in the perimeter of the level.

If FoxBlitzz is OK with it, why NOT have Race Alley Zone in 1.1? It's not perfect, but it's one of those levels whose design appeals to the entire community.

EDIT: Remove the fake slopes from GFZ2. They lag just a bit, and the wall texture alignment, while uniform, is still ugly.

I dunno whether or not this has been suggested yet, but what about an S_SKIN option to change the spin trail/thok? I've noticed there have been more and more wads lately with soc'd spin trails. You could probably even add in a frame for changing the spin trails sprite.

Get rid of Hydro Plant. Honestly, if you take all that time to get the Explosion Ring, only to have someone take it away, the level ceases to be fun. That's the only reason I have to go underwater, and getting robbed of my weapon ring makes it feel like I totally wasted my effort.

Plus, we can see that the community is quite divided on it. Why not have a fun-for-all level rather than an awesome-for-half-and-lame-for-the-other?

We should pluck an already-good match stage from the contests or something and put it in the Match rotation to replace Hydro-plant. Either that or I would suggest making a contest just for it alone.

A way to use Night's mode for something like Doomsday Zone from S3&K.

Or to be more precise, A version that puts you behind Sonic only allowing you to go the edge of the screen for sideways/up and down movement and is always moving you forward. Running into a wall should bounce you back a bit like in Knuckles Chaotix's Special stages while runing into Rock like things would slow you down..

glaber said:
A way to use Night's mode for something like Doomsday Zone from S3&K.

Or to be more precise, A version that puts you behind Sonic only allowing you to go the edge of the screen for sideways/up and down movement and is always moving you forward. Running into a wall should bounce you back a bit like in Knuckles Chaotix's Special stages while runing into Rock like things would slow you down..

Suggested on the chat. It was said by mystic that it's a shame Doomsday's layout is so basic, yet it;s hard to put into SRB2. I tried re-enacting Doomsday, but scrapped the idea due to my lack of being able to place rings for some odd reason. o-O;

Better support for EXE mods in that games identify themselves on the Master Server by only showing games of the same "ID string" and the same version.

Example:
Code:
#define IDSTRING "SRB2"
#define VERSION 109
#define VERSIONSTRING "v1.09.4a"
In your exe mod, you would change IDSTRING to "SRB2RIDERS" or something. Then you could use the the whole version system for your mod.

New Gametype - "Emblem Grab"

Here's a new gametype idea that dawned upon me in my sleep. It is called "Emblem Grab." It should have the prefix "g" or "e" and be accessed in the map command with gametype label "emblem." The main objective is to try to not have the lowest amount of emblems. An extra hud feature is obviously an emblem count for you personally, but if you happen to have the least number of emblems, it will turn red to signify that you need to "up your game."

At the beginning of the game, the number of players in the game (plus one) is the number of random emblem grab spawns that will spawn an emblem. With a maximum of 32 players, that sets the standard number of emblem spawns as 33. A countdown will take place like race, and the round begins.

Once a player has gotten the first emblem, a 60 second countdown starts. This is the default countdown time, but it can be modified by the command "countdowntime," followed by a number, just like race. At the end of the 60 second countdown, the player who has the least number of emblems is given a game over. In the scoreboard, the player is marked as "out." Should there be more than one player tied for the lowest score, each player gets a game over. When a player becomes "out," he/she drops all their emblems, like dropping the flag, except with ten times the distance. These emblems dropped can then be collected by any player.
NOTE: If all the players have the same number of emblems, nobody will be eliminated. If three sequential ties are found, the round is over with a draw. This three sequential ties rule can be modified by the server to be any number or ties or become disabled (i.e. infinite ties).

Also, the players are able to shoot each other. When a player is hit, they lose their rings, plus one of their emblems. If they have none, nothing happens. When a player is killed, they lose two of their emblems (or one if they have only one, and none if they don't have any). Emblem dropping here is exactly like getting game over (ten times the distance of a flag drop). Just like explained above, dropped emblems can be picked up.

If two or more players get eliminated at the same time, their rank is determined by match score from fighting. If this is also a tie, the node number is used to determine the tie alike srb2 v1.09.4 (higher value of node is dominant).

When there is one player left, the round is complete, he/she being the winner. The player is left uncontrolled as a cecho message says "(winning player) has won the game!" SRB2 remains in the level for about four to five seconds with the winner message displayed, then heads to the results screen. The time each player survived is displayed next to each name. The winner will have "Victor" instead of a time. Again, a tie between two players is broken by score first and then by node number.

Well, that's my gametype suggestion, and it sounds fun in my opinion.

Allow the Deaf tag on an Extra Life Monitor to mean that it will respawn as an already-popped monitor if the player dies.

A different Christmas Hunt that's Knux-exclusive (for consistency). Emerald Hunt stages are just nice when they're large and vertical.

Clip distance for Software, so we don't get slime trails on large maps or insanely tall maps. We'd definitely need it for the above suggestion.

Removal of Adventure Mode. As far as I can see, it'd be good only for joke WADs.

Make Christmas Mode actually load 3drend.dll. What good is Christmas mode without that?

Scrap every Circuit level we have now except for Heaven Pass Zone. We need better levels, as well as just plain NEW ones, kthx.

Make the default camera distance for NiGHTS mode be a bit farther away.

In Dark City, try something with cars moving down the highway that will squish Sonic and that end up reappearing at the other end of the highway still going the same direction and VROOOMing again continuously. I bet with about 12 polyobjects at one place, it probably WOULD lag, but if it doesn't lag, that'd be neat, right?

Make all damaging sectors return the flag.

Scenery in which Crawlas can get pwned without being touched. Remember how in Nuclear Sunset Zone Act 1, there were Crawlas that basically fly off a conveyor belt into their doom? It was totally awesome. A flying Crawla once actually saved me from the death pit, which is even MORE awesome.

How about adding hang-gliders like the ones in the Game Gear version of Sonic 2?
Character frames for pushing against walls/pushable blocks could add a more classic feel to the game.

MF_BUMPER:

Painchance - How many points it will award the player when hitting it
Damage - How many times the player can hit it to get points
Speed - How far it bounces the player

2 way FOF twomp/crusher block goes up AND down, thwomp is activated depending if you are close to above it or below it. The crusher would hit the ground, then hit the ceiling and repeat back and forth, and have options of just hitting the ground or ceiling. I'm not sure if the crusher needs to be put in since I THINK you can make it already in 1.09.4 but I'm not sure about the sounds and all with the actions, the thwomp idea isn't in 1.09.4 other than one that just falls down.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 7, Members: 0, Guests: 7)

Back